Hi from Woodford

Hi and Welcome Robert!

I see you're a fellow Jab owner, I have its smaller cousin, the LSA 55, great aircraft to fly.

Where do you fly out from? I've flown over Woodford a few times, and I worked there in the past. it's a nice part of the world.

Cheers,

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Goods85. I didn't know there was a northern Woodford. I am only familiar with the one somewhat west of the Sydney metropolitan area in the Blue Mountains.

:welcome:to the Forum.

Hi Goods85. I didn't know there was a northern Woodford. I am only familiar with the one somewhat west of the Sydney metropolitan area in the Blue Mountains.:welcome:to the Forum.

The township of Woodford is about 12nm NW of Caboolture in Queensland. It has one of Australia's largest prisons there. Not sure if this is still current, but about 10 years ago it was the largest prison in the southern hemisphere....Tony

Hi Robert

Welcome where is your Jab hangared?....I work at Woodford :) not at the prison though 095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif I work in the industrial estate on the eastern side. Its a lovely little town...just stay away on the weekends with all the tourists getting coffee and pies at CJ's bloody traffic jams

Hi RobertWelcome where is your Jab hangared?....I work at Woodford :) not at the prison though 095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif I work in the industrial estate on the eastern side. Its a lovely little town...just stay away on the weekends with all the tourists getting coffee and pies at CJ's bloody traffic jams

I used to work at the prison at Woodford, it can get a little hectic there at times. Tony

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum, where you will be amazed and informed about all manner of things....you just need to ask the question... I am from Caboolture as well, so not to far from beautiful Woodford...

We need to have a meet up one day, we would have a pretty big bunch from around our area..012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

David

• Agree 1

Hi Robert,Welcome to the forum, where you will be amazed and informed about all manner of things....you just need to ask the question... I am from Caboolture as well, so not to far from beautiful Woodford...

We need to have a meet up one day, we would have a pretty big bunch from around our area..012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

David

Caboolture Airfield is Growing nicely, have they finished the clubhouse yet? The weather has kept me grounded on my days off lately.

Caboolture Airfield is Growing nicely, have they finished the clubhouse yet? The weather has kept me grounded on my days off lately.

Yes they have Tony, looks very nice, I have sat there a few times on a Saturday afternoon when I wasn't flying watching the comings and goings...

David

• Like 1

Yeah its a great covered area. Just need to get the BBQ fired up and have a fly in.

That's a good idea..I wonder how many we could get from the forum to come in for a snag or 2...

David

• Like 1