Hello from Picton

Thermix

Hi everyone,

I've been reading these threads for a while now, but time to contribute (and get rid of the darn message!).

I fly with SRFC, am building a Savannah XL and continue to fly (non-motorised) paragliders too.

Thanks to everyone for the wealth of knowledge contributed on this site.

Hi everyone,I've been reading these threads for a while now, but time to contribute (and get rid of the darn message!).

I fly with SRFC, am building a Savannah XL and continue to fly (non-motorised) paragliders too.

Thanks to everyone for the wealth of knowledge contributed on this site.

Hey there, welcome, and how goes the build???

Hey there, welcome, and how goes the build???

Frustratingly slow I'm afraid. Just not enough time at the moment. But your posts have been very helpful, especially the list of tools you set yourself up with!

Eh well...life has a way of getting in the way at times: I also have spent a lot of time since last Oct getting very little build done.

And it is along job first time around, and more so if you do not have successful builders and successful builds close by. At a guess a second airframe build (not that I'm anywhere near finishing the first!) would take me maybe 1/3 the time this first one has.

As they say, once you've built it you'll know how to build it.

Finally, I do think there are some pretty unhelpful build hour numbers bandied around:

Look at the build threads on this site and elsewhere, and note the actual start and finish dates. If those builds went together in some of the (elsewhere claimed) times, then the builders were only building one day per fortnight!

Hello Thermomix. Great to see another Savannah builder join the forum! Keep us posted on your progress.

...Finally, I do think there are some pretty unhelpful build hour numbers bandied around:

Look at the build threads on this site and elsewhere, and note the actual start and finish dates. If those builds went together in some of the (elsewhere claimed) times, then the builders were only building one day per fortnight!

What surprises me is the massive difference between one Savannah build and the next. I must say, this is what put me off initially. I have seen a US site (now no longer 'on air' and presently undiscoverable) that claimed 100-150 hours to build a Savannah. On the other hand, there are people who have taken 5+ years to build their Savannah.

It seems to be impossible to get a good gauge on the build time. Because I am taking a couple of months off work to make a significant start to the project, better/more reliable information about potential build times would have been really useful, even if this included a novice build time and an experienced builder build time.

Hi Thermix,I live in Picton too if you ever need any encouragement or guidance.

I do too , so that makes 3 of us ..

BTW Thermix , do you happen to drive a Black Nissan van ? ... I just happened to see one in Picton yesterday with a Thermomix sticker attached ..

Dave