Looking for 737 Cockpit for filming location

Hi,

I'm new and have joined as I am a film producer. By way of introduction I was the producer of Arrowhead, a low budget feature film shot in Coober Pedy and Melbourne. You can see the trailer here:

We are looking for a 737 cockpit that we can film in for 10-15 days for a thriller called “#PL221” that is about a routine flight from Mauritius to Perth. The film is entirely set in a 737 cockpit and we want the film to look very authentic.

I’m reaching out to this forum as you may have access to or know of someone who can help even a working 737 that is sitting in some hangar somewhere or even an enthusiast who has built or has a very real looking simulator etc

It has to be specifically a 737 cockpit, ideally one that is in Melbourne and working (ie lights up etc) and one that we can remove windows or shoot through windows to get camera angles. An accurate flight simulator is a possibility.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

The older (not new generation ) B737 simulator would be the best thing with vision. In the real thing the side windows slide back inside the cabin when opened. Not real cheap to operate. Try Qantas Melbourne training at Essendon. The "motion" simulators are just like the real thing. You can feed turbulence into them and you need to be strapped in. Nev

'Routine' B737 flight Mauritius to Perth is stretching things, from both fuel and credibility perspectives.

Are you suggesting "Transformers" isn't a documentary?

To go for MOTION it becomes very expensive. (You could probably fake it by moving the camera platform) They are out there but the need for them (early models) has decreased. They get raided for parts to keep others going world wide. Nev

Hi. We own Australias only 777 Simulator at Jandakot Airport in Perth.( www.flightcity.com.au )Air Mauritius uses the Boeing 777 for Journeys into Australia....a 737 is not an authentic aircraft to use...range challenged. Our simulator has been used twice by 60 Minutes to shoot the footage for MH370. It is as close to the real thing as you will get. It is also film and sound-crew friendly as attested by the 60 Minutes crews. Having said that, if you are completely committed to a 737 (but its not the right plane to use), I can connect you with a privately owned one in Perth that I would nominate as the best in Australia. All the best with your project.

• Helpful 1