December 2007

Admin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Model Cub

Mick, I don't suppose you would be interested in building a static model of a J3 Cub for beer tokens would you?

Hi George,

There are lots of what we call ARF ( Almost Ready to Fly ) models of the Cub available. These are usually about 90% complete out of the box. Generally just join 2 wing halves and fit the tail and cowl. If you only wanted it to be static there would not be much work involved. They are pre-covered, all you might want to do is get some-one to cut your rego in vinyl letters to customize it.

They range from 3 feet wingspan to 12 feet!!! Naturally prices vary as much as size.

E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to know more. Best we not hijack this photo thread talking about this.

I can help you out in sourcing one and give you some advice about putting it together.

Cheers

Mick

Considering Mick was posting his planes, I thought I'd post a couple of my own.

Mick (different Mick) and myself race giant scale pylon.

I race in the AT6 Texan class with the "AngelFlight Texan" and Mick races in Reno Class with the "Budweiser Light" clipped wing corsair.

texan_angelflight.jpg.455dbd09617cd881ea9fcd9b3f4dfe32.jpg

corsair_seafury.jpg.7b1c7dcbe5103c4e40fd0f68045706fd.jpg

Considering Mick was posting his planes, I thought I'd post a couple of my own.Mick (different Mick) and myself race giant scale pylon.

I race in the AT6 Texan class with the "AngelFlight Texan" and Mick races in Reno Class with the "Budweiser Light" clipped wing corsair.

Anybody else want to show me up for the ten thumb'd dufus I really am?:confused:

Fair dinkum browng, I wasn't having a crack... honest. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

I'm just an aviation nut.;)

Now browng, I'll let you in on a secret. I learnt to fly GA aircraft before I learnt to fly models. why? because GA was easier. I had tried to fly models but gave up and went full size.

Now, should you make your way back over east here, specifically Melbourne, give me a bell and I'll put the trainer and 2 radio's in the car, pick you up and take you out to the paddock and teach you to fly.;););) No stress no prangs no high risk stuff no charge. By the time we finish, you should be able to handle a trainer at a solo level without too many problems.;)

You'll love it...

Regards

Phil

Guest High Plains Drifter
because GA was easier. I had tried to fly models but gave up and went full size.

I'll second that - my fixed wing radio control experience lasted a whole 30 seconds. The experienced operater watching over me made a dive for the controler though was unable to stop the vertical impact :;)6::;)6::;)6:

HPD

I'll second that - my fixed wing radio control experience lasted a whole 30 seconds. The experienced operater watching over me made a dive for the controler though was unable to stop the vertical impact :;)6::;)6::;)6:

HPD

That sounds like my one and only go at building an r/c model. It was a single channel non scale high wing "unbreakable' trainer with a little Cox .049 and the wings held on with lakky bands. I spent bloody ages building the thing and it looked pretty schmick. On the first flight I hand launched it like the book said, and dived for the controller as it initiated a climbing turn to the left which I though had something to do with me, unfortunately that was an illusion, and I had no control over it whatsoever. It continued in an ever steepening climbing turn until it stalled and threw itself at the ground. I didn't try again..051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

Just a thought as there is not much time left in December but I reckon we dedicate this months comp to George who is no longer with us for the brilliant scale pic he posted 'A J3 Cub and its Cub'. Absolutely brilliant pic that one!

Guest Bendorn

Fire Bomber

AIR RAID SIREN

I took this on 20/11/2007 during the fires at Waithe Reserve in the Mallee.

This is an Airtractor AT-208F used by the DSE. It sounds a siren prior to letting its load go, giving you time to get out of the way.

2560 x 1920, 954kb

I've been an amature photographer for about 15 years and I love this first pic. Damn hot day, 41deg and smokin.

In the second one, you can just make out the retardant dropped by the plane, but she's gone through the smoke......

Ben ;)

1060370311_BomberWaitheFire.JPG.5dd407fe4ba9e359cbfe02aaf5e3174c.JPG

574591234_BomberWaitheFire2.JPG.fded05a317bdbbf6e764d4f38d4e31f0.JPG