Evans Head parking

Friarpuk

Hi folks

Will be down at Evans Head for a couple of days soon. Any locals to the area know of if there are tie down points anywhere or if the the desert weather we are experiencing miraculously changes into stormy weather if there is a kind soul that might allow me to share a hangar... if the need arises? 101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Puk

Hi Puk, I've flown into Evans a bit but mainly touch and go's but have stopped in for a walk into Evans for a coffee. There's grass areas if i have your own stakes and tie downs and have never notice tie down points on the tarmac but i would be very surprised if there weren't any but maybe give the museum a ring at the aerodrome.

I can't help with the hanger question.

Cheers Guy.

Gudday Puk

Evans Head has WWII heritage - I have flown over it enroute Yamba from the north many times but only visited the airfield up close by vehicle some 12 years ago. It is very spacious to the extent that you will not find it difficult to park more than 100 metres from a carpark / taxi pickup spot.

Unable to help with hangarage but there used to be tie down points off large anchored cable from memory.

Snake

Heath:Depending on your transport arrangements down there, Bob McIntyre sometimes has casual hangar space available. He's just outside of Yamba. We based ourselves out of there a couple of times when we had the trike.

McIntyres Airfield

Yes Scott - Bob is a good bloke and will help out where and when he can. We had our arrow in one of his hangers for years.

• Agree 1

Thanks for that folks. I have tie downs screws etc. but in the event of a storm it would be nice to stick the plane indoors. The weather should be not too bad next week. I use to work down in the Northern Rivers as a News Cameraman for years. A fellow who lived at Evans worked for the ABC had a plane. Haldon Boyd was his name, perhaps he is still around. I know he was once involved with the annual flyin down there. As as news cameraman have driven on the runway and also videoed an unfortunate CAC Boomerang or Wirraway (can't remember) that hooked its tailwheel on the fence when landing. Not a good outcome.

Evans Heads!!

My dad was there just after the war. He tells the story of Spitfires being buried in the sand. Nobody wanted them at the outrageous price of 50 pounds each. The sand was wet with salt water. Nobody has even bothered to look for the aluminium oxide that would be there now.

Garry

Evans Heads!! My dad was there just after the war. He tells the story of Spitfires being buried in the sand. Nobody wanted them at the outrageous price of 50 pounds each. The sand was wet with salt water. Nobody has even bothered to look for the aluminium oxide that would be there now.

Garry

Burma be damned, I'm off to Evans Heads!

For the paltry sum of just $5000 each, you guys can be a Gold Investor in my "Evans Heads Great Spitfire Search"!

Gold $5000 gets you a cap, T'Shirt and a personally signed coffee mug

Silver $3000 gets you a T'Shirt and a cap

Bronze $1000 gets you access to to my associated website, Big Tits and Warplanes!