Jabiru Composite Props

SAJ

Question for Jabiru J 2 & 4 series aircraft owners.

I am looking at buying a Jabiru composite prop to suit my J 200.

I have read a lot of the old post from previses years and would like to know what they are like now that they have been out for a few years.

Question for Jabiru J 2 & 4 series aircraft owners.I am looking at buying a Jabiru composite prop to suit my J 200.

I have read a lot of the old post from previses years and would like to know what they are like now that they have been out for a few years.

My 170D has one, smooth and quiet.

Question for Jabiru J 2 & 4 series aircraft owners.I am looking at buying a Jabiru composite prop to suit my J 200.

Not Jab aircraft but I have Jab engine and composite prop on my CH701. Runs quiet and smooth, no problem.

I looked at changing over in June of last year. A few points I had to consider is whether the slightly larger spinner would hang over my ram air ducts (I have the original smaller top cowl) as well as the cost overall, which came in a $1970 including $340 of ancillary bits. (new spinner and flange/extension of something?) Seem to get a few extra knots I believe, but Jab are by no means suggesting everyone change over to the new breed. They do look tempting though!!

Seem to get a few extra knots I believe

I believe an increase in speed of ? Knots occurs in the 170/160 aircraft. No change in speed observed in my 230 (and another 2 local 230s). I am happy with the prop as such but don't expect a speed increase on a J230.

Look at bolly version too, 2 blade.

Almost same blades and smaller simpler attacment, also can be adjusted to suit faster wing on J200, Jabiru is pinned.

Had one on J200 for few hindred hours and flys great, 125-128 tas at 2850-2900 rpm

In either case id rwcommend a dynamic balance too

I looked at changing over in June of last year. A few points I had to consider is whether the slightly larger spinner would hang over my ram air ducts (I have the original smaller top cowl) as well as the cost overall, which came in a $1970 including $340 of ancillary bits. (new spinner and flange/extension of something?) Seem to get a few extra knots I believe, but Jab are by no means suggesting everyone change over to the new breed. They do look tempting though!!

seb7701 I was talking to one of the lady's at Jabiru when I enquired about a composite prop and she didn't know if you had to change the spinner and packing plate

Look at bolly version too, 2 blade.Almost same blades and smaller simpler attacment, also can be adjusted to suit faster wing on J200, Jabiru is pinned.

Had one on J200 for few hindred hours and flys great, 125-128 tas at 2850-2900 rpm

In either case id rwcommend a dynamic balance too

jetjr I emailed Bolly today waiting on reply.

Thanks everybody for there response.