Instrument ID help please?

Can anyone ID the rectangular instrument on the bottom right with the two toggles please? I've googled transponders, but not finding any match.

Also the centre one could be a Narco unit? Not sure.

The very bottom corner could be a clock, but the picture, (the only one I have) is too blurry to make that assumption.

vCzhFUX.jpg?1

For my full size Viper build. (Still trying to ID all instruments used in the TV series prop.)

The centre unit is a VHF FM channelized radio, not something normally found on a civil aircraft. The right hand unit could be a comms switching panel, but its near impossible to make out the markings.

Thank you. Could you be a little more specific on the Channelised radio? Image searching that is not turning up anything similar.

I've identified the larer rectangular unit as a

Nat Ams-43 Tso Audio Control Panel

This quote from another site explains what I believe you should be looking for:

FM (30-88 MHz) - These frequencies have traditionally been used by ground or surface forces, and you'll most likely find them used by aircraft which interact closely with such forces. Helicopters and close air support aircraft like the A-10 are the most likely to make use of this band. This band is also shared with a multitude of other services. The 30-50 is the VHF-Low land mobile band, filled with sheriffs and cement trucks. 50-54 is occupied by amateur radio (on a shared basis), 54-72, and 76-88 are TV channels, and 72-76 is more land mobile. Most military ops are found in set-aside federal segments of this band, including 32-33, 34-35, 36-37, 38-39, and 40-42 MHz. Even so, some units regular operate in the low 50s to the upper 60's. Most units will keep their frequencies within a few MHz of each other because of the differences in antenna length/impedance over this range.

Link to page: Radio Bands & Equipment

Yes, I agree that you have found the correct audio control panel

Capture.JPG.c092bc7877ef2814d2adde7beac6ef0b.JPG

I does look like intercom control, but hard to tell. Top left on it looks like it could say VU1, VU2 then HF. most military aircraft have multiple radios and use the ICS panel to select and control volume for each radio they want to listen to.

Can anyone ID the rectangular instrument on the bottom right with the two toggles please? I've googled transponders, but not finding any match.Also the centre one could be a Narco unit? Not sure.

The very bottom corner could be a clock, but the picture, (the only one I have) is too blurry to make that assumption.

vCzhFUX.jpg?1

For my full size Viper build. (Still trying to ID all instruments used in the TV series prop.)[/

Can anyone ID the rectangular instrument on the bottom right with the two toggles please? I've googled transponders, but not finding any match.Also the centre one could be a Narco unit? Not sure.

vCzhFUX.jpg?1

For my full size Viper build. (Still trying to ID all instruments used in the TV series prop.)

Selector switch shows VHF1, VHF2 and HF. RH knobs are squelch. No idea what the 2 toggles are.

So that would make it a Comms panel. Usually toggles are there for for hot mike, PTT or off and ICS.

The bottom rectangular unit has been identified as a NAT AMS42. Apparently I have no chance of finding this unit, only something similar. Only 10 units were ever built between 1983 and 1985. I have a friend etching a faceplate for me to look the part, then I will instal toggles and dials.

The centre unit appears to be a voltmeter. I am googling images to find the exact one.

• 3 weeks later...

G'day aviators!

These are the last of the instruments I need help to positively identify and source some unserviceable ones. If you can help recognise them, please take a look at each photo and description.

Battlestar Galactica life size MKII Colonial Viper build www.buildsbybaz.com

Baz.

1. Need to find the type and brand to source this one.

D8vCkKA.jpg

2. Oil pressure gauge? Does that say PSI below centre?

lIFaZBF.jpg

3. Need to identify this and find out where it comes from. I need two.

tEU5Kb5.jpg

4. Some sort of temperature gauge. This is as clear a photo as I can find of it.

O0X6PvB.jpg

5. Two screen grabs. Absolutely no idea what this instrument is.

CksvRtn.jpg

6. The one on the left is a screen shot from the TV series cockpit. The closest i can find is on the right - A vintage Thomas Edison 204A-1A5A MS28009-1 Temperature Indicator Aircraft Gauge

CuDErLH.jpg

7. Airbus AS365 Dauphin Helicopter Volt Meter Indicator - Brion Leroux 2579-116-1. No idea where to get one of these.

3dPBm4P.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
The bottom rectangular unit has been identified as a NAT AMS42. Apparently I have no chance of finding this unit, only something similar. Only 10 units were ever built between 1983 and 1985. I have a friend etching a faceplate for me to look the part, then I will instal toggles and dials.The centre unit appears to be a voltmeter. I am googling images to find the exact one.

I think you will find that the VHF FM (the one with the thumbwheel frequency select) is an old Wulfsburg C-722. The Audio panel does not look like an AMS 42 or 43 unless they regurgitated the same model number for audio sectors later on but the AMS 42/43/44's that I know have been around since the '80's. It looks about the same size as a NAT AA12 which would be your best replacement option. Try some old Peugeot cars for a voltmeter. It looks remarkably French.

I think you will find that the VHF FM (the one with the thumbwheel frequency select) is an old Wulfsburg C-722. The Audio panel does not look like an AMS 42 or 43 unless they regurgitated the same model number for audio sectors later on but the AMS 42/43/44's that I know have been around since the '80's. It looks about the same size as a NAT AA12 which would be your best replacement option. Try some old Peugeot cars for a voltmeter. It looks remarkably French.

Thanks mate. I have identified all but the smaller diameter instruments now. I have acquired most of the 80mm instruments and the rectangular units.

Cheers,

Baz.