Civil Aviation Order 95.10 ( Privately built single place ultralight aeroplanes )

SGIAN DUBH

Hi All,

I am looking for a bit of clarification on CAO 95.10 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

We have an Australian Gentleman who has moved from Thirroul Australia to Livingston Scotland who has a homebuilt microlight that he claims to operate under CAO 95.10

His intention is to place his CONTRAPTION into the UK SSDR Category, he seemed shocked that to fly a UK SSDR Microlight you need a Pilots Licence

062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

I can't find any real detail on CAO 95.10 ( Other than it looks like it was repealed on Jun 17th 2014 ? ) So really I foresee 2 issues.

(1) He has flown his Homebuild Microlight here on the pretence of CAO 95.10 being valid.

(2) He has been flying here without a Pilots Licence,

I am going to help him get it accepted as a SSDR here in Blighty but I can only do that once he has completed his NPPL(M).

If he was flying legally in Australia under 95.10 then he would have had a pilots certificate issued by RAA and therefore relevant training that would have been logged. Ask for his log books, pilot and aircraft. Does the aircraft have a registration number on it? Should be 10-????. If he has has a training history I would think he would not have to do too much to convert to your licence type.

Wayne.

Hi All,I am looking for a bit of clarification on CAO 95.10 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

We have an Australian Gentleman who has moved from Thirroul Australia to Livingston Scotland who has a homebuilt microlight that he claims to operate under CAO 95.10

His intention is to place his CONTRAPTION into the UK SSDR Category, he seemed shocked that to fly a UK SSDR Microlight you need a Pilots Licence

062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

I can't find any real detail on CAO 95.10 ( Other than it looks like it was repealed on Jun 17th 2014 ? ) So really I foresee 2 issues.

(1) He has flown his Homebuild Microlight here on the pretence of CAO 95.10 being valid.

(2) He has been flying here without a Pilots Licence,

I am going to help him get it accepted as a SSDR here in Blighty but I can only do that once he has completed his NPPL(M).

Here is the current issue of 95.10

If he was flying it in Australia he didn't require a pilot licence, but he did require a recreational pilot certificate (RPC), issued by either RAA or HGFA, and the aircraft was required to be registered by one of those Approved Self-Administering Aviation Organisations.

As WayneL mentioned, he should have training, pilot and aircraft logs, and if the plane was built in the last 15 years or so, there should also be a log of the build.

Lacking any of the above it would be possible 'old mate' either acquired the plane just before moving to UK, or had been flying it 'out bush' without the required documentation.

• Informative 1

Peter,

Drop me a PM here.

I did RAAus cert to uk pplm conversion and and tell your friend how it works.

Also moved aircraft between Australia and uk and back between 95.10 and uk ssdr.

Get in touch.

Kirk