Seen at Narromine

i attended a seminar about Open System Avionics at Narromine. Very few others were there, but I found it interesting.

Kotuku Aerospace are working on open system EFIS etc. This to me looks as good as the advertised equipment and better than a lot.

I was considering fitting an MGL Enigma to my RV4, but what Kotuku will have on offer soon looks to be as good and a lot less expensive.

This is a New Zealand product and I will probably be over there next Feb or March.

I had been considering buying MGL over there as it is cheaper in dollars than here and the exchange rate would cover the GST if necessary. Has anyone here any experience of open system electronics?

The equipment I saw was capable of not only navigation info, but also engine info. It did what an MGL enigma can do.

The presenter of the seminar was Peter Nunn from New Plymouth. I will follow it all up when I get home in about two weeks. At present feeling the cold in Victori

Open source sports aviation is the future solution for affordability & safety in sports aviation, CNC router tables 2x4 metre size, used everywhere and cheap to hire bring your own CAD files & materials, avionics & engine management based on CAN bus the potential is endless

It's alpine enviroment if ya don't fly in those winds might as well go do something else as one would never fly if waitng for a non wind day.

Hey if ya over again give uys a yell happy to show ya about the place.

When we are over at New Plymouth we will no doubt call around for a look at the place. We are tied up at Tokoroa for fri and sat then we start our driving trip but basically to New Plymouth first then across the middle to see some Sav guys then over to Napier and back to Auckland a week later

I am a pussy with those sort of winds..I dont fly once they get past 20knots..too uncomfortable also we have some pretty vicious thermals to worry about here especially on landing. You guys are used to those conditions up here in Qld we dont have that sort of terrain..mostly open flat but big thermals in summer