Bush strips of the French Alps - a new Fred Peuzin video.

Garfly

"This is a typical day of the SPEEDJOJO in the southern Alps, with as usual a walk to the village of Mens where dad used to buy his bread, certainly one of the most expensive in the world, considering the transport costs. At noon, we lunch at the Looping restaurant of Gap Tallard airfield and here we go again! In October the sun lies down early and we have to be back in Cannes before 5:30 pm. 72 liters of fuel (19 USG) for a two pilots full day of montain aviation is little and significant when we fly a lot. The secret? A low powered fine plane (Continental O-200 100 hp) with low maintenance costs. Whether beeing about glass screens cockpit and great equipement, safety is about regular flights and training. Enjoy!"

• Like 6

That's why I came to France in my retirement. Possibly the best country in the world in which to fly - laid back in regulatory terms and great terrain and scenery. Not flown since April because of health reasons but can't wait to get back behind the controls, hopefully in the Spring.

• Like 1

That's why I came to France in my retirement. Possibly the best country in the world in which to fly - laid back in regulatory terms and great terrain and scenery. Not flown since April because of health reasons but can't wait to get back behind the controls, hopefully in the Spring.

It would be hard to deny that claim. We get a dose of France from the air every July with the Tour de France broadcast and it is always visually stunning!

• Agree 1