This Heat!

Guest extralite

Yeah it’s great fun fitting it on a windy day by yourself!

Yep! I reckon the security cameras at Gladstone airport would have some really amusing footage of me trying to put covers on the Skylark. Even on a calm day it seemed to get windy as soon as I started.

I am surprised this footage has not appeared and gone viral on YouTube!

E68BA3E4-630A-4845-B1DE-43E0A399BCFC.jpeg.d762b35d12328ce724ae95ac399b480c.jpeg Cover I had made for my Sting . Fully padded and protects from hail and sun. It takes about 5 minutes to remove and install with 2 people a little longer to install by yourself.Its too heavy and bulky to take in aircraft but I have factory canopy cover for trips away.Bird deterrence on the tail made from a piece of pvc and cable ties also works well.

42degs down here today, last few days actually. I was more thinking that esky would be needed for grog and lots of it living up there! Flew into Roma years ago with the "Ruffdus", I think my KingAir sank a couple of inches into the black stuff!!

If that is a composite aircraft that cover ought to be white. Sitting in the hot sun probably won't damage a properly constructed and coloured composite aircraft. Gliders are tempered after cure at 55 or 60 Deg C. I believe some German glider manufacturers may be using higher temperatures now. I suspect Cirrus is using higher temperature tempering now as they no longer need to be white. Same materials, resins etc as German gliders as are Diamond.

Guest extralite

I have heard that the covers do not protect against heat against the surface. only UV damage. Not sure how true that is. I do have covers. 41 degrees in shade must be close to 50 sitting in the sun.

42degs down here today, last few days actually. I was more thinking that esky would be needed for grog and lots of it living up there! Flew into Roma years ago with the "Ruffdus", I think my KingAir sank a couple of inches into the black stuff!!

42 eh Gravity,

I better put my coat on as it will be a bit chilly compared to the 47 deg days up here in the Cooper Basin lol

42 is very warm actually and not nice to fly in

42 eh Gravity,I better put my coat on as it will be a bit chilly compared to the 47 deg days up here in the Cooper Basin lol

42 is very warm actually and not nice to fly in

You had the same temp but with GST added, no wonder it felt hotter!008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif