Hello....again

Tigershark21

Sir, ma'am et all,

The first time I "just landed" in these forums was in 2009 where I met some truly great people. I guess it was more of a "touch and go" really.

This time I'm sure it's a full stop landing and I'm here to stay. So what happened?

Dreaming big back in 2009 of owning my own plane certainly opened up a can of worms regarding costs. Although so much cheaper than GA, my poorly paid employment didn't help the situation. Albeit preaching to the choir.

Battling hard and living alone these days with a single low income isn't easy. The first step was to make a change in my life if this was ever going to happen.

Dedicating myself to retrain for new skills and qualifications was no easy feat for a change of career after working in the same trade since a teenager working for somebody else.

Fast forward just over eight years and here I am back again. Now with a better career and higher salary; that extra disposable income can stretch a little further into my dream of owning my own plane. Finally.

The lounge room has been cleared 021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif and ready for the build (and before you say I'm crazy, 028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif I measured the fuselage and front door width 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif) Unfortunately I only have a carport and nowhere else to build. I'll probably store the engine in the bedroom 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

This website is absolutely great and I'm looking forward to sharing progress photos as I add to my construction log.

Regards,

Adam.

• Like 4

Sir, ma'am et all,The first time I "just landed" in these forums was in 2009 where I met some truly great people. I guess it was more of a "touch and go" really.

This time I'm sure it's a full stop landing and I'm here to stay. So what happened?

Dreaming big back in 2009 of owning my own plane certainly opened up a can of worms regarding costs. Although so much cheaper than GA, my poorly paid employment didn't help the situation. Albeit preaching to the choir.

Battling hard and living alone these days with a single low income isn't easy. The first step was to make a change in my life if this was ever going to happen.

Dedicating myself to retrain for new skills and qualifications was no easy feat for a change of career after working in the same trade since a teenager working for somebody else.

Fast forward just over eight years and here I am back again. Now with a better career and higher salary; that extra disposable income can stretch a little further into my dream of owning my own plane. Finally.

The lounge room has been cleared 021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif and ready for the build (and before you say I'm crazy, 028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif I measured the fuselage and front door width 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif) Unfortunately I only have a carport and nowhere else to build. I'll probably store the engine in the bedroom 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

This website is absolutely great and I'm looking forward to sharing progress photos as I add to my construction log.

Regards,

Adam.

So............what are you building???

Sorry for not adding the most important piece of info!

It's a Fisher Flying Products Youngster to be powered by a Czech Republic Verner Motor Scarlett 5V, 5 cylinder radial engine of 60hp @ 2300 rpm weighing in at 54kg with a 600hr TBO (not including the oil tank, cooler and prop). These engines are currently a tad under $14,000 AUD new delivered free (that's including import tax) according to today's prices.