ASIC on a RPC

Hi,

I struggling to understand the difference between the requirements for an asic.

As i plan to fly in/out of airports with passenger movements say Mt Gambier you must have an Red ASIC as the council demands it.

Now as a RA Aus pilot i dont need no fancy medical cert and Mt Gambier as far as i know is a class g and not class d due to the tower closing back in in the late 80s im not sure but they have a ra aus school there.

But if i go through CASA they word the application process as such i must have a class 2 medical before getting ASIC but if i go through Dept of Transport etc All i need is the correct identification.

Why such different standards?

Is it because CASA dont see ra aus as real pilots and trying to scare us away from such airports?

Cookie

No medical requirement for ASIC. Stangely you need a reason to get an ASIC like working at an airport or flying into one. For a PPL to be current you need a medical so the people who issue the ASIC see the medical as a sign the licence is active. Tell em you don’t need a medical for your RAAus certificate but still need the ASIC to fly into YMTG.

No medical requirement for ASIC. Stangely you need a reason to get an ASIC like working at an airport or flying into one. For a PPL to be current you need a medical so the people who issue the ASIC see the medical as a sign the licence is active. Tell em you don’t need a medical for your RAAus certificate but still need the ASIC to fly into YMTG.

Thanks I suspected as much but some days it's hard to sort the wheat from the hay when your new to it.

Guest Guest

Most know the ASIC is just a wank and designed to keep people in a job and make the general public "think" they are safe! But if you have to have one do as the above poster put a link to, avoid CASA like the plague!!