Is this in the syllabus?

So today we practiced engine failure in the circuit area. Also, because it was a little more blustery than usual, we did some cross wind practice. But before all that, we practiced something new- herding kangaroos off the runway while taxiing the plane 004_oh_yeah.gif.138bad2925a1e956b63ce847119413ca.gif I will need to hone that skill though. They went the wrong way...

Fun isn't it, been doing the same thing for a long time now, I use to fly down the strip to scare them off then turn and land before the Roos came back ! The othe day I flew low to scare them off and the Roos hid under a tree ! So I couldn't buzz them ! Bloody big tree !

Kangaroos: Aerial Herding with Aircraft;

It's covered in Division 3, Part 4.8, Section 119A (F), Sub-section 4 ©, paragraph 26, of the relevant legislation.

If you're careless enough to hit a kangaroo whilst carrying out Aerial Kangaroo Herding, the RSPCA will be notified, and serious penalties apply under their legislation. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.a3ff7382d559df9a047d5e265974e5f3.gif

Ground herding by taxiing an aircraft doesn't seem to be covered by the relevant Aviation legislation. This will warrant a major investigation and the appointment of a Commissioner. I'll get right onto it.

Last week I did a low pass downwind to move the sheep off a strip,

When I turned back to check the results and hopefully land;

Lo and behold the alpaca had herded them all up and was holding them at a gateway mid strip and well out of harm's way

Last week I did a low pass downwind to move the sheep off a strip,When I turned back to check the results and hopefully land;Lo and behold the alpaca had herded them all up and was holding them at a gateway mid strip and well out of harm's way

You have to watch those alpacas!!! You can be happily flying along nice and low herding sheep when up pops a long neck out of the mob! They are as hard to spot as powerlines!008_roflmao.gif.1403968ae51b10bfcd4c01d7b660b53c.gif

Kangaroos: Aerial Herding with Aircraft;It's covered in Division 3, Part 4.8, Section 119A (F), Sub-section 4 ©, paragraph 26, of the relevant legislation.

If you're careless enough to hit a kangaroo whilst carrying out Aerial Kangaroo Herding, the RSPCA will be notified, and serious penalties apply under their legislation. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.a3ff7382d559df9a047d5e265974e5f3.gif

Ground herding by taxiing an aircraft doesn't seem to be covered by the relevant Aviation legislation. This will warrant a major investigation and the appointment of a Commissioner. I'll get right onto it.

With this endorsement can i say get a job on a cattle farm herding livestock in the tecnam p92? :)

Even more fun when you are in a glider at about 30ft and the tow pilot (Mick Mac are you reading this?) decides to chase the roos off the strip rather than climb away!!