Southwest passenger dies following cabin decompression

Reports from passengers on board suggest she was in fact wearing her belt, but when you have several hundred cubic meters of air at 8PSID trying to force you out an opening a foot square it's not going to end well if you're in close proximity to the opening.I'd also suggest consideration be paid to the captain of BA5390 who had the cockpit window fail and was drawn outside the aircraft, though in this case, he survived. I dare say the skipper had his belt on too....

He WAS the skipper,. . First officer landed the aircraft at Southampton, with cabin crew hanging onto skippers legs. . .

• 2 weeks later...
For 'Uncontained' engine fail damage,. the most spectacular incident would have to be the DC10 incident in the US, where all of the flight controls were severed when one of the rear mounted engines failed causing a large component to scythe through all the hydraulic lines. . . .that's a peach and still available on youtube if you have not seen it. Brilliant use of assymetric power only, saved a heck of a lot of lives.Sorry, I don't have a link to hand.

Yes, that was some flying AND CRMJust Google Sioux City crash, some 2.35m hits.

Guest Guest

Flt 232, there's a DVDs movie staring Charlton Heston, bit Hollywoodised but watchable.Movie cover shows 747

Another loss of control incident was the Japan Airlines 747. The rear pressure bulkhead failed due to fatigue cracks and the resulting blow-out cut all the control circuits to the tail of the aircraft.

That one ended tragically with the loss of the aircraft and all on board. Very sad.

Guest Guest
Another loss of control incident was the Japan Airlines 747. The rear pressure bulkhead failed due to fatigue cracks and the resulting blow-out cut all the control circuits to the tail of the aircraft.That one ended tragically with the loss of the aircraft and all on board. Very sad.

That's incorrect, 4 survived.

Flt 232, there's a DVDs movie staring Charlton Heston, bit Hollywoodised but watchable.Movie cover shows 747

Watchable? The only role of his I could tolerate was in that movie where Paul Hogan quipped that God looked a lot like Charlton Heston.

He WAS the skipper,. . First officer landed the aircraft at Southampton, with cabin crew hanging onto skippers legs. . .

The FO was so traumatised he retired. The Captain who was sucked out the window survived and went back to work shortly after!

That's incorrect, 4 survived.

That's what you get from listening to media reports which state that :'Early indications are that there are no survivors' . . .

Thanks G. I sit corrected. ( to tired to stand,. . been a long day ) In Mitigation, I was on a 2 week holiday touring Ireland in August 85, ( Middle two weeks of the month so did not follow the report updates after hearing about it on the radio. . . . Not many Irish pubs had TV then ! ! ! )