Good news story about a Wirraway

Marty_d

I /We Left a Wirraway at the rail museum, Silverstream, Hutt valley NZ, I have tried to Google the place without any luck, so no idea were it went.

The other person in the deal to get that aircraft emigrated to Texas USA, To be a trooper.

spacesailor

Thanks Hihosland

I have checked this & other sources Without any links to the Wirraway, Maybe they sent it to another museum, or sold for scrap, never knowing, is a bind.

Also Dad had an Avroe Anson, that disappeared in NZ. He bought two aircraft from South African Royal Mail, Long ago. When they arrived at Wello, the dreaded tax man wanted their cut, ( import duties) At New plane price, He just told the ship's captain to up-end one, DeHavailand Otter or Beaver, but not certain. the second aircraft was floated across a beach away from "Terror-office Eyes". I have seen the paperwork, & know were they went, log-books included.

spacesailor

• 2 weeks later...

from a NZ data base

CA28-9 ZK-BZO WFU after F/L from fuel exhaustion near Pahiatua Track, Tararua Ranges, 17Jan72. Stored Wellington; to M Nicolls at Ohakea for rebuild as Wirraway. to Australia for Paul Wheeler, Qld