60 Minutes Phil O'Driscoll

Guest thrasher

Guest thrasher

Did anone see 60 Mins Last night 10/6 on the Chopper Pilot Phil O'Driscoll who had that Life saving accident in Canada (he nearly lost his life to save the guy he was picking up). What a Man.....

He is based in Darwin but is getting treatment in Adelaide but was originally from Pinaroo in Sth Aust. I was fortunate enough to do some flying with his late father Des as he & my late Dad were great mates....

So I guess it is some thing that is in the Blood as my dad was a Pilot as well & I guess there were a few guys in my life who I looked up to as Pilots as a kid & wanted to be able to fly like them when I grew up....

I taped it and watched it last night. Fantastic story, a very inspirational man. Reminds me of my instructor who was in a bad industrial accident. He has an amazing outlook on life and will tackle anything and fly (just about) anything.

Guest thrasher

Thanks for your response Numptie, I will be in contact with Phill in about a week & a half after gets home from his next Opp & will pass on any Positive responces from the Group....He needs all the help he can get even if it is just Mateship through flyers....His good days are ok....but his bad days are very Dark......

Guest bateo

I read the article on Phil in a recent helicopter magazine.. Very inspiring man..especially, to get back into aviation. What a pilot! Best Wishes to him, Hope everything goes well in the near future!

I read the article on Phil in a recent helicopter magazine.. Very inspiring man..especially, to get back into aviation. What a pilot! Best Wishes to him, Hope everything goes well in the near future!

Yes, Please pass on our best wishes too!Ang

• 10 years later...
Did anone see 60 Mins Last night 10/6 on the Chopper Pilot Phil O'Driscoll who had that Life saving accident in Canada (he nearly lost his life to save the guy he was picking up). What a Man.....He is based in Darwin but is getting treatment in Adelaide but was originally from Pinaroo in Sth Aust. I was fortunate enough to do some flying with his late father Des as he & my late Dad were great mates....So I guess it is some thing that is in the Blood as my dad was a Pilot as well & I guess there were a few guys in my life who I looked up to as Pilots as a kid & wanted to be able to fly like them when I grew up....

Hi Thrasher .. Chanel 9 would like to speak to a friend of Phil's they have asked me as I am posting updates in association to the Heathcote to Alford point fire ... can you send me your email or contact

Phil is currntly in Canberra Hospital recovering from injuries sustained when his helicopter suffered power failure and crashed in the Lob's Hole /Ravine region of the Kosciusko National Park. We wish him a speedy and complete recovery. Don

Phil is currntly in Canberra Hospital recovering from injuries sustained when his helicopter suffered power failure and crashed in the Lob's Hole /Ravine region of the Kosciusko National Park. We wish him a speedy and complete recovery. Don

Hi Methusala .. do you know any firends of Phil .. would they be happy to speak with Fi .. could you please email [email protected] or [email protected]