90 day+ personal messages to be deleted

Admin

I have just found an issue with the personal conversations which has been a direct result of moving back to this software platform...all personal messages (conversations) have been duplicated. This along with other things has caused a massive blow out of the database size which was just under 1gb to now being 1.6gb.

For this reason in a few days I will be running a mass delete script over all personal messages deleting any message that is older than 90 days.

Please review your Private Messages (conversations) and take copies of any that you want to keep for your records older than 90 days as in a few days they will no longer be available

I've been through my PMs - what a trip down memory lane! There's a good number who are no longer with us, deceased, missing in action, or gone very quiet.

I can see the need to clean up - there are 2 copies of conversations, then 3, then from about 2011 there's 3 of each individual message, reply etc. making about 9 for each exchange.

The clean-up should claw back quite a bit of space.

I had planned to do it today but I will leave it till say Monday as I do need to reduce the database size because it is blowing out my backup data quota so is Monday night ok?

Hi Ian,

I am glad that you gave this a stay of execution. This gave me an opportunity to go through my old PMs and glean any good information. Keep up the good work!!

Kind regards,

Hank Optland