New RAA Membership card?

NT5224

Hi Folks

Im not normally one to critique RAA, and prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to the blokes doing the hard job of steering our organisation when there are 10,000 of us all wanting different things. However, I have just renewed RAA membership and received the new plain orange card with the inaccurately postioned sticker with my name and member number.

Does anybody else have one yet? What do you think?

I appreciate the cost savings to members the permenant card might have, with pilot information stored online, but couldn't we have had something that looked a little more interesting, perhaps like an official pilots certificate and less like a cheesy 1990s video rental store memebership card? In my view the previous cards (although there was room for improvement) were far superior.

Does a permanent card necessarily mean it has to look cheap and cheesy? Very unimpressed.

RAA you could have done much much better than this. Very disappointing.

Alan

• Informative 1

We've both got ours. It's a card that I rarely have to show to anyone, except at an RAA meeting if I can't remember my membership number. It is useless for ID, so I don't care if it doesn't look like AMEX platinum. Maybe they should have spent more membership funds getting holograms, chips and multi colours from a graphic artist, but I'ld rather save the money and the ego trip and have a bit of plain plastic.

010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Does it have a QR Code on it?

I thought they were going to follow the HGFA where it is a permanent card, but you scan the code to check your qualifications.

• Like 2