Back Again

Savannah911

HI!

Started learning to fly at a local flight School on a Fantastic Savannahs S Aircraft - Loved this Aircraft...!!!

Unfortunately after 6 lessons and just getting the hang of things had a health emergency - that was 2 1/2 years ago

Now wanting to get back in the game as back to "normal"

Probably cannot get the Savannahs S again so looking for a suitable School with a High Wing Aircraft possibly Cessna of some description

Cannot wait to get into the sky again and finally get my licence

I live in hope

Best Regards to all the Pilots/Learner Pilots and to all those out there with an interest in Aviation

Be Safe

DBC911

HI! Again

To make a long story short

Basically after the 6th lesson was rushed to Emergency Hospital with a Perforated Bowel NO CANCER (knew that it was going to happen sometime as I had seen ultrasound pics of problem about 4/5 months previous)

Anyway had a temporary Colostomy hospital for 7 days

8 months later Reverse Colostomy so another 6 to 8 months to recover followed by 2 Hernias caused by weekened Abdominal Wall - been through the Mill

So to speak so just about recovered now from all of that Fun

Unfortunately now 72 years Old but very capable of Recreational flying

No problem with Medical Certificate and just longing to get back into the Sky asap

Might have to rob a Bank or 2 before that happens Ha! Ha!

Want to know about Hospitals?

Just ask me

Regards

David

HI! Peter

Amen To That

So you 2 have been through the mill

You are the first person I have heard from with a similar story

Not very pleasant is it?

Your words can only inspire me more and I sincerely hope to God that you keep fit as a fiddle

Would dearly love to do GA but not unfortunately realistic oweing to the $ involved - so happy to stick with Recreational Aviation and I just love the range of planes available

I'm on the Sunshine Coast Qld

Where are you?

Keep Safe And Well

Best Wishes

David

David,

I live in central Victoria and fly out of Kyneton. Retired. Seen enough of hospitals, as you have, for quite a while. Six months of chemo as well as the ops. I have only been back on my feet a few months and planning to do a lot of trips now the weather has improved.

Best regards Peter

Hello!

I take it you had a "Temporary Hartmans Procedure"

Followed by a Reversal - but much better than a lifetime Bag

Don't know much about Victoria being an ex Sydneyite and for the last 12 years or so Sunshine Coast ite

But I do know that they are some lovely flying to be had there I regularly watch Stefan Drury on utube he Flys a Cirrus SR22

(Rented) what a great GA Aircraft out of I believe Moorabbin Airport Vic

Flys all around Australia does a great job in his Airconditioned SR22 young guy but very funny and educational - watch his videos

If you have some spare time well worth it

I also have retired but not by choice just cannot do physical work any more

Glad you are progressing well and can now do the trips you wanted to do for a while

Regards

David

Hello!.......

Don't know much about Victoria being an ex Sydneyite and for the last 12 years or so Sunshine Coast ite

But I do know that they are some lovely flying to be had there I regularly watch Stefan Drury on utube he Flys a Cirrus SR22

(Rented) what a great GA Aircraft out of I believe Moorabbin Airport Vic

Flys all around Australia does a great job in his Airconditioned SR22 young guy but very funny and educational - watch his videos

Regards

David

Hi David,

Sorry to hear of your medical dramas, but glad to hear you are well on the road to recovery.

Just to whet your appetite for flying a Savannah S over lovely country here are some pics from a few days ago along next to the 12 Apostles....

You must come down to Victoria some day!

Cheers,

Neil

IMG_3757.JPG.10a687bb7fd01a33cefec19a56ec458c.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG.da6f5f8deb3fe1682bec8d40daa2735a.JPG

1974569926_IMG_3741(Edited).JPG.d0d0e24daf0ab0d714440f6d3df7f65e.JPG

• Like 2

HI! Neil

Thanks for you comments re my medical history

It appears I'm not the only one with a similar medical history and some worse than mine

So I wish them all a speedy recovery

The Pics jus great and brought back memories of past pleasant times

Strange coincidence that you have the same Christian name & initials of the Instructor who was training me - Same colour aircraft as well which he owned from new

But I believed he moved to Canberra - that's why I said "probably not a Savannah S to train in again"

Well anyway he did an amazing job for which I am extremely thankful

Or are you the Same person?

Won't mention the Flying School

Stranger things have happened...!!!

And yes wild love to go back to Victoria which I visited many many moons ago but probably changed a lot (as has the Sunshine Coast) - that's progress I guess

Regards

David

HI! NeilThanks for you comments re my medical history

It appears I'm not the only one with a similar medical history and some worse than mine

So I wish them all a speedy recovery

The Pics jus great and brought back memories of past pleasant times

Strange coincidence that you have the same Christian name & initials of the Instructor who was training me - Same colour aircraft as well which he owned from new

But I believed he moved to Canberra - that's why I said "probably not a Savannah S to train in again"

Well anyway he did an amazing job for which I am extremely thankful

Or are you the Same person?

Won't mention the Flying School

Stranger things have happened...!!!

And yes wild love to go back to Victoria which I visited many many moons ago but probably changed a lot (as has the Sunshine Coast) - that's progress I guess

Regards

David

Hi David,

It wasn't me!

Good luck with getting back into flying. Let us all know how you go.

Cheers,

Neil