Lightwing gr 912

bones

Looking at getting back in the air again I’ve been ground hogging it since I sold my single seat helicopter like 18 months ago, redone my old AUF license ( that should give you a hint of age) to a raaus license near 12 months ago, keep getting close to buying then decide to hold off again.

my real question is are the above planes particularly bad for ground loop behaviour or not? 

I think one of these might be a good compromise between a bit of speed and shortish take off?

Hi Bones.

I used to fly trikes around Charters.  I took off from the old strip at Mingella 2-up once and barely got airborne due to the extra 30kg of grass I collected off the runway.  I was on my way from Townsville to Charlies for the Goldfield Ashes.  Fun times.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST TIME!!  I am the Australian Zenair distributor, so it would be entirely remiss of me not to roll in out of the sun on this conversation.

I don't know much about the Lightwing product, but I am guessing that you do.  Please be sure to have a look at www.zenair.com and compare to our range of aircraft.  We have 110kt low wing 2 & 4 seaters available in either tricycle or taildragger and high-wing cross country machines or STOL in 2, 3 and 4 seaters.  Any engine you like (pretty much) and any instrument combo you like.

Reading between the lines (old bastard), our high wing aircraft are very, very easy to get in and out of.  The gullwing doors swing up to allow clear access to the seat.  The centre-stick column means that you're not threading your legs around a control column between your knees or pushing a yoke around.

OK, Zenair distributor duties fulfilled.

Take care Bones and have fun with whatever you decide.

Fishy.

• Like 1

There is a large budgetary differential between Zenair and Lightwing.

My only complaint about the Lightwing is that it is a little difficult to get into it. Once inside it is good. When i went looking for an affordable plane I found that my height prevented me from sitting in a Gazelle - my head hit the cross member behind. My Lightwing is capable of ground looping but only if I fall asleep. Fun aero and affordable.