C182 crash Melbourne no one hurt

https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/national/light-plane-crashes-south-east-of-melbourne/video/2f5041d6953bb4a9bfe138bff1ead2aa

I note on seven news, plane crash after engine fails at 100ft. Thankfully everyone ok. 

The plane is a 182 G. VH DGF. Sadly My father used to own that plane and I remember when it was resprayed into that colour scheme. 

It appears it was doing parachute flights. We usd to use her for aerial seeding. 

Doesnt look like like it will be doing much anymore.

I had no idea that 182’s had jabiru engines. According to this forum jabiru engines are the only ones that fail. After all the comments on the recent jabiru engine which just stopped, on this thread all the comments are about the pilot, on the other thread it is all about the engine.

The bias against jabiru seems to know no bounds.

For me, dollar for dollar jabiru have to have the best value engine going.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

"I had no idea that 182’s had jabiru engines. According to this forum jabiru engines are the only ones that fail."

BS, on this forum both factual figures and fantasies have been posted, and no reasonable person can conclude that Jabiru engines are the only ones that fail. Apart from that, Jabiru has a new engine which is not making statistics and which can replace the older motors and still potentially give better economics than a Rotax.

"After all the comments on the recent jabiru engine which just stopped, on this thread all the comments are about the pilot, on the other thread it is all about the engine."

One poster on the other thread characterised the engine.

"For me, dollar for dollar jabiru have to have the best value engine going."

After slagging off at everyone else, maybe you could produce some compelling figures?