New Cessna LSA

Admin

As reported in the Aviation News forum here Cessna have released a Proof of Concept for their new LSA.

Here are a couple of images of it:

20060726_233223_image-234-1.JPG

20060726_233159_image-235-1.JPG

WOW - trust you Chris to come up with the real thing:laugh: - hope that's not a mid air refueller sticking out from the wing in the top picture - they certainly look sleek - thanks Chris

You're right Ian, having a closer look now I can see the brown one is the new 4 seater concept plane that did a fly over at Oshkosh whilst the red one is the new LSA concept.

Guest Guest

The4 seater is very interesting. It looks like a Cirrus fuselage with a high-wing. In some ways it would be near impossible to not have 2 aircraft that looked similar. It also has Jabiru and definite GlassAir styling. Nosmo

Guest ozzie

In case you haven't picked up on it, the probe on the tip is for airspeed. aircraft is probably collecting data for certification. it is stuck so far out there as to obtain a real undisturbed relative airflow reading.When we did the Gemini(TST Thruster) the probe was hung underneath and was about 3ft long with vanes to point it straight. it looked like robin hood had taken a shot at you. it was interesting to compare the two ASIs.

the QNH and temp were noted power settings ect,andNewton H, deemed it useful in his calculations. (yawn).

Those Cessnas sure look nice tho' and similar in looks tosome competitors aircraft. All metal too. Now Cessna is entering the game it looks like LSA is a serious playing field.

Why buy imported aircraft? Plenty of Australian products that are cheaperAND just as good (in some cases better) AND you get better backup AND our money stays here.

We are lucky that we have lots of top home grown LSA's and we don't have to wait.

Guest Guest

There's also this retract version. Looks nice. PS: Price for the LSA around US$110k, however the 4 seater will be a LOT more. If it's competing with the Cirrus, expect atleast US$250-$300k+. The Cirrus SR22 with 300hp is US$339. As far as I've been told, this is the 4 seater, with a rear door - nice and handy.

20060807_115152_newcessna232.jpg Nosmo

G'day Nos,

The gold/white aircraft you show here is the same rego as the top photo that TechMan posted above.

In his pic it sure didn't look like a retract to me although there is a dark mark around the top of the legs. Those spats etc must take up a heap of room inside the fuselage.

Regards Geoff Captain

Guest Guest

Nice spot there Captain, not much slips past you!

If it was real it would be the best designed retract aircraft in the world.

Guest Guest

I find that hard to believe Captain. You've taken this discussion that one step too far. Someone always does.

By golld gosh it does look good with retracts though! I'd have one of those in my hangar any day. Generally aircraft with retracts look great in the air but not on the ground and how many people see them in the air versus the ground... few.