Howzat!

Ben Longden

Hows this for a great BoM weather picture (19.1.08) for those in the eastern states.

As I look outside, I can see the dust getting a green tinge to it..... perfect as the farm is almost out of feed.. 25mm of soaking stuff so far.. and it looks like its staying for more than five mins!!! 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Only two problems; I dunno where the gumboots are, and Ive forgotten how to use the windscreen wipers in the car!025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Ben

Guest Fred Bear

It is good mate. Mum and dad getting some on their property near Bathurst too. The tanks are all full!! Excellent stuff. We had 27mm overnight here in Western Sydney and we are not far from Sydneys main dam. I dare say we will have had quite a bit more since 9am this morning. Something to write this time when I submit my rain readings to the Bureau. Usually the sheets are blank!:confused:

Hope you guy's can come to our flyin in April and please bring the rain with you! Would make a Great openning to the season!

We had our biggest rain event on Friday arvo for sometime 4mm, became extremely excited as there were even puddles, had to look back through the library records to identify what they really were!

Lovin it!

Cheers Guy

blueshed. It was down your way that I heard one farmer was so surprised by rain that he fainted. They had to throw a bucket of dust over him to revive him. Well I believe it!

Rain-No fires

Yep the rain sure was welcome. Here in Wang we got 69mm of gentle and steady rain.

Cannot remember the last time we had rain of this amount, the kids were crying as they didn't know what it was--nah not really, but it sounds good.

Was working on some fires near Corryong on Thursday-pics attached-reckon this rain would have put them out. There were grass trees rolling down the hill and causing fires to spring up below the ridges which were alight. these pics were on the other side where backburning was taking place.

Terry

DSCF0243.JPG.7afe45eb8edb1808851816be858587fa.JPG

DSCF0239.JPG.5e64aac85d726df65e82dda070e55b3d.JPG

DSCF0240.JPG.720f0f7e73aebf6913d47036c99c2a19.JPG

DSCF0241.JPG.9312a1703bee84b613c550131e5357f5.JPG

Yeh, you are right Ian, we had a night of rain on our outdoor Christmas party on the 21st of December and it did get a bit cool. How long were you in Beechworth? and where is Rodds Bay.

And yes Ben those were shots while bird dogging the fires for the bombers

Terry

These 2 were ones a mate took in Jan last year

ATT1784591.jpg.dc17a464c52f4b6cf1f72543a123c307.jpg

ATT1784602.thumb.jpg.1847267215286791fe1f6bea077cdfbd.jpg

flie43.

I was in Beechworth for a week over Christmas. My daughter and son in law live there and she works for Child Welfare in Wangaratta, and I have a Grand daughter and Great grand daughter in Wodonga. So I get down there fairly regularly by car. My wife will not fly, especially in the Corby Starlet.

Rodds Bay is 15nm SE of Gladstone, about30NM Souyh of the tropic line. Nice and green at the moment.

Thanks Keith, I will check with the guy that took them as he gave them to me for a collection of fire shots while birddogging and air attack in last years fires.

Terry

it is a ripper shot isn't it. It was taken at Mt Beauty