Hi all

Rob McK

im Very keen to learn to fly. Looking forward to the adventure

Must be my mid life crisis

Hi Rob,. . nothing wrong with the mid life crisis,. . II mean look at me, I just discovered that Girlies under forty years of age, are still interesting to look at. . . even at MY age. . .

FLYING is a very special thing. . .Something which has NO comparison. Every person will, for the first time, perceive flying in a different way. . .but to sit in the cockpit of a small aeroplane, and to have YOUR hands on the controls,. . well,. . .this is something you need to discover for yourself, as all of us on this forum have done.

warning however,. . Flight is very addictive, . . more so than most Drugs. So if you are a person who is susceptible to drugs,. . .Don't do it !. . .for if you do, you will be hooked, and telling us your own personal story of the awakening to flight.

Aside from all this poetic Bull$hit mate,. . good luck with your first trial lesson and we hope to read about your progress cobber.

• Like 1

We are at a time and place where it's available and If you have the time, money and inclination go for it. Despite the fact it's got a considerable money aspect it's cheaper in real terms than it used to be. Pick a good school and aerodrome and the social side is important unless you are young and on a mission.. If you see people building that's of interest too, so you see the guts of some of the things that fly. Nev

• Like 1

Hi Rob,. . nothing wrong with the mid life crisis,. . II mean look at me, I just discovered that Girlies under forty years of age, are still interesting to look at. . . even at MY age. . .

FLYING is a very special thing. . .Something which has NO comparison. Every person will, for the first time, perceive flying in a different way. . .but to sit in the cockpit of a small aeroplane, and to have YOUR hands on the controls,. . well,. . .this is something you need to discover for yourself, as all of us on this forum have done.

warning however,. . Flight is very addictive, . . more so than most Drugs. So if you are a person who is susceptible to drugs,. . .Don't do it !. . .for if you do, you will be hooked, and telling us your own personal story of the awakening to flight.

Aside from all this poetic Bull$hit mate,. . good luck with your first trial lesson and we hope to read about your progress cobber.

Thanks Phil. I looking forward to experiencing flying in control !! ..... hopefully

I appreciate your supportive words. Cheers

We are at a time and place where it's available and If you have the time, money and inclination go for it. Despite the fact it's got a considerable money aspect it's cheaper in real terms than it used to be. Pick a good school and aerodrome and the social side is important unless you are young and on a mission.. If you see people building that's of interest too, so you see the guts of some of the things that fly. Nev

I’m certainly not young. But am looking forward to the adventure and challenges

Welcome Rob,

I found that it was either a time or money thing.

You either had the time & not the money, or you had the money & not the time.

I hope it works for you as it is a great adventure & feeling of freedom ?