RAAus Board Election 2019 - Candidate Alex van der End

Alex van der End

Once again we are seeing things happening that were not allowed under the old constitution. That is because we changed RAAus from a member run body to a company. Our input into the running of this company is very little and the only way to go is to vote for people who will look after our interests. I have no faith in the chairman of the board, he talks more like a politician, than I like. He seems to view the world through rose tinted glasses, or at least wants us to do so.

We need someone who has no axe to grind and can see what the hidden agenda is. That is if there is one.

• Agree 1

Is it just me but I think the election is not being conducted properly. We were asked to write our membership number on the back of the envelope that contained my vote.  This means that whoever opened the envelope has the ability to know how I voted. (No accusation intended)

Shouldn't there have been two envelopes:

• one to hold the vote with no identification inside of

• a second addressed to RAAus with my membership number on it.

I believe that postal votes conducted by the various electoral offices are done this way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hey that's right Jim. I never thought about it and, like you,   I'm sure it didn't matter this time.  But one day it just might, and anyway it makes our outfit appear a bit less than professional. Just for the cost of an envelope each.

Of course, even a 2 envelope system could be mistreated, but this would require a much more blatant action.