Space - the next 55 years.

To mark the April 12th. 55th. anniversary of the first manned space flight, news agency RT has interviewed Igor Komarov, the head of Russia's space agency, Roscosmos. He talks about plans in the pipeline for the next 55 years of space involvement.

https://www.rt.com/politics/official-word/339147-roscosmos-head-interview-projects/

To mark the April 12th. 55th. anniversary of the first manned space flight, news agency RT has interviewed Igor Komarov, the head of Russia's space agency, Roscosmos. He talks about plans in the pipeline for the next 55 years of space involvement.

https://www.rt.com/politics/official-word/339147-roscosmos-head-interview-projects/

The inflatable room delivered to the ISS today is a good idea. It'll be interesting to see how it stands up to micro-meteorites and radiation.

That's what I need Marty, some inflatable rooms. As quick as I can build them, they're filled up with junk.

Inflatable rooms probably won't do too well with sharp bits of extrusion...

Inflatable rooms probably won't do too well with sharp bits of extrusion...

I saw an inflatable room on Fizzogbook yesterday,. . . . I believe ( I could be wrong here and usually am ) that it was an Australian invention, where some enterprising person has invented a cloth material, impregnated with concrete. The rooms are made to order, and contain an air pump which blows up the material to full size, after the packaging has been filled to the top with water. You then have five hours, before the concrete element sets and when it is inflated and dried, it makes a solid structure which people can actually stand on, and comes complete with prefixed doors. . . . . .scrambling to find the video. . . . .will try and post it. . .not much good for space exploration,. . .bit heavy, but very clever. Useful for buildings out in the middle of nowhere special,. . .and dead easy to set up. . . .

• 2 weeks later...