The latest update on the Master

Admin

Guest FlyBlue

In the initial "left hand vs right hand stick" discussions I assumed y'all meant a side mount stick as in the Cirrus SR22.

Unless I have missed something here's how I see it,

1 - If using a centre mount stick and toe brakes only the hand grip and throttle position determines if your left or right hand is used on the stick.

2 - If the throttle was mounted a little closer to the centre it could be reached with ether hand as it is a tandem cockpit, therefore not a wide panel. If this was the case, the hand grip on the stick is the only determining factor if your left hand or right hand is used to on the stick.

3 - If the hand grip is designed so that from the rear it appears to suit the right hand, but the side view shows both the front half and back half of the grip are in fact the same shape, then only the grip needs to be rotated 180 deg to suit the other hand.

My ideal layout ideas (at this stage), RH centre mount stick, toe brakes, glass cockpit, as in Prot 2 (or the tablet as per your post Ian) with old school air speed and alt for backup.

SR22pit.jpg.27b717629e59fd80f2f1db395013afb0.jpg

Guest disperse
and an espresso machine in the back. Ben

You can't put an espresso machine in the back ......... it won't fit ....... next to the spa !!

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest airsick

I know there are two prototypes that have flown and lots of computer based modelling has been done but am wondering what real world testing has been done.

I have read about and seen numerous aircraft being tested in real world scenarios (for example, drop tests like this one - http://www.fk-leichtflugzeuge.de/Downloads/LoadTest_Fk14_720.wmv), has anything like this been done for the Millennium? If so where can we get details?

For some reason I began to think about this overnight. Cruise of 160 knots, max of 190 knots, there's a lot of stresses and forces at play while travelling at these speeds. It would be reassuring to know about tests that have been done. The website is pretty light on as far as information is concerned.

All the flying test performances will be placed on the Master's website very soon - email I have received from Luisa advises that she is getting it all together plus ordering etc information and placing it all on their website some time in the next 2 weeks - hope that helps!

Guest disperse

Slightly off topic here. But in that drop test, two things come to mind. What would happen to the guy on the ladder, had the landing gear failed ???

and the wheels seem to have a slider under them.. I suppose this is needed, as in a hard landing the forward motion would allow the wheels to travel laterally.

But that guy on the ladder??

Guest airsick
Slightly off topic here. But in that drop test, two things come to mind. What would happen to the guy on the ladder, had the landing gear failed ???

Brown trousers comes to mind. :ah_oh:

back on the toe brakes - the sportstar has height/length adjustable toe brakes as well which are a little fiddly but work well

Given the low drag phenomenal performance of this plane I would think great brakes would be of vital importance. My cobra is very "slippery" and I find it simply does not slow down in the ground roll, it just wants to keep going - I put full flaps in and elevator either full up or down to add drag during the roll out then need to use the brakes -- having toe brakes is a real asset in this situation but I would be happy with either as long as they are powerful

Hi Ian

Would you please be able to supply dimensions of the instrument panel and the clearance behind it.

Is the 914 an option?

Do they anticipate any problems fitting autopilot (say TruTrak) servos?

Is there any baggage storage?

What date do you anticipate the MM will be available for general purchase in Australia?

Will it carry 19- or 24- registration?

Any word on MTOW and endurance?

Thanks and regards

... Vince

• 2 weeks later...

Sure is Vince - ask away

Latest news is I received an email from Luisa advising that they are going through all the certification papers that I sent them to get the Master flying here in Australia - should be about another week or so before I hear on the next step

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bretto

I noticed in one of your posts that you said the seat is stationary and can't be moved

What will the leg room and height etc be like for a taller than average guy like me at 6'6 (198cm)?

The pedals are adjustable back and forward but as far as the max height of a person I am unsure at this stage - crikey I am still waiting to find out when my own demo one is ready to be built. I am 6ft and when I sat in it I had heaps of leg room.

Hope this helps!

I am 6ft and when I sat in it I had heaps of leg room. Hope this helps!

Ian

How much space was there between your melon and the canopy when you sat in it?

I am 6' 3" ..... or at least I was before I started getting shorter (what's the go with eyebrows and ears getting longer while our bodies getting shorter as blokes get older? Oh well, look on the bright side I guess, we can cram ourselves into a smaller, slippery-er, faster, higher performance plane as we get ancient).

Alternatively, roughly how tall is that test pilot bloke in the photos on the M-M website?

Regards Geoff

For memory Cap't about 6 to 8 inches. I didn't meet the test pilot on prototype 1 but the test pilot on prototype 2 was about 5ft 10in and shown in these pictures:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5088&d=1207014473

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3812&d=1195652715

It is very hard to know exacts until I get my own one here and I can start quoting accurate figures on what I am getting and experiencing. Luisa and Curzio have been very busy with their normal working duties whilst also gearing up for the manufacturer of the Master - Luisa is travelling all around Europe and the UK etc promoting the Cheese and wines of the Torino region and Curzio runs the Carbon Fibre factory making amongst other things carbon Fibre parts for other European aircraft manufacturers.

I am hoping to get some good news on when mine will start in the coming days.

• 1 month later...

is there a ballpark figure on price yet for a base model? and will they be offered as a factory ready to fly aircraft that can be hired? or are they kit only? reason being i am looking at buying another aircraft in the next 12 moths or less, around the J230 range

• 2 months later...