Storms, clouds, and lightning.

red750

I would not rate the aero club bar highly for reasoned factual discussion.. Like old racing drivers. "The Older I get, the Faster I went."  I ALWAYS avoided Storms because they easily tear an aircraft apart.  Dead heroes have no future. They've rolled their last dice.  Nev

• Like 2

Yeah mate flown through way worse than all that... just last week found myself hanging onto the transponder mast at the back of the tail; lucky i had my lucky leatherman belt on. It snagged on the antenna and saved my life... it was rough; real rough mate; plane was bouncing around all over the place like a mad mouse; wouldn't be here now if my lucky belt hadn't grabbed the throttle as i was thrown back out through the canopy; selected full throttle and off it went charging ahead like thunder... i was hanging on for dear life clambering back along the fuselage using my leatherman to grip the phillips head screws in the fuselage and haul myself back to the cockpit in the hail; they were the size of a slazenger footy; no joke... was almost in the cockpit when lightning struck the scene; the carbon sr22 exploded into a cazillion pieces... lucky the brs hit my head and knocked me clean out; it must of got tangled around my arms after and saved me... ... woke up in a back ally surrounded by empty broken bottles of jack daniels 027... gees i was so lucky that bin of bottles was there to break the landing.. real wild night it was...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4