Circuit collision in USA.

so be it , prefer none than delayed or rely on a system that may have high latencies.  radio should catch others... mobile data is very low reliability over anywhere serviced by multiple base stations and or base stations that are busy. 

I will see RPT (they have ADSB without ozrunways) , and many GA.  if the others dont have at least a SE2, not much I can do except listen in the radio.  

down the track I might add a interferometer receiver which can determine likely location of transponder only aircraft by trilateration and triangulation.

Edited by RFguy
  • Informative 1

Like a back seat driver telling you that you should have turned at the intersection back there. In this business 10 seconds is forever.  TCAS is analysing the conflicting traffic and gives avoidance advice to both aircraft. In congested traffic, I doubt it could handle it.  Nev

• Informative 1

In my case of having traffic to my right , turning right would have meant the collision occurs a few hundred milliseconds earlier. My best option would have been to pull up since.  I was below or at Va.  Now, if they had ALSO gone right right  that would be OK if I had also gone right.  if they had gone right  down , would have been best for me to go up left.