Any Aeropup flight reports?

13brv3

6 minutes ago, Flightrite said:

Rollo with a 120 HP donk that should make the pup just about perfect👍80 Hap I consider under powered, a Rotax 200 gee gee would be the sweet spot👍 Shame about the SupaPup with no plans, it’s the best little toy plane Ive flown, and I’ve flown many!

there is already a 3300 jab powered aeropup that goes really well i heard.

2 hours ago, Flightrite said:

Rollo with a 120 HP donk that should make the pup just about perfect👍80 Hap I consider under powered, a Rotax 200 gee gee would be the sweet spot👍 Shame about the SupaPup with no plans, it’s the best little toy plane Ive flown, and I’ve flown many!

I know someone with a Jab 3300 in his. Eats up useful load what with the extra weight and extra fuel.  Also his cruises at 90kt. Much better climb performance though.

11 minutes ago, MarkF50 said:

I know someone with a Jab 3300 in his. Eats up useful load what with the extra weight and extra fuel.  Also his cruises at 90kt. Much better climb performance though.

I thought the fuel tanks would be the same . Engine is 22 kg more.

Agreed completely.

We have another aircraft called the Magpie that flies very well. 

Single seater, this aircraft been flying for Years.

All the Computer work completed, and ready for production. 

This maybe a suitable replacement for the Supapup. 

Shall pop some pictures up soon on this site.

Rollo

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Yes was wondering about 90 knot cruise.

The one I had for very short time cruised in mid 80's with Rotax 80hp.

Jabiru 3300 I would have thought be up around the Ton (100knot)

You mentioned great climb, maybe a climb prop rather than a cruise prop. Only a suggestion from me.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2024 at 7:53 PM, BrendAn said:

I thought the fuel tanks would be the same . Engine is 22 kg more.

He's installed extra fuel tanks and done some other mods too (like dual joysticks).

I thought the pups came with different sized tanks?  Mine has 2 x 26l wing tanks plus an 8l auxiliary tank in front of the RH rudder pedals. I'd heard that some pups have larger tanks - like 45l?

I should say I've been *told* that my pup has 2 x 26l wing tanks.  I have yet to verify this.

17 minutes ago, MarkF50 said:

He's installed extra fuel tanks and done some other mods too (like dual joysticks).

I thought the pups came with different sized tanks?  Mine has 2 x 26l wing tanks plus an 8l auxiliary tank in front of the RH rudder pedals. I'd heard that some pups have larger tanks - like 45l?

I should say I've been *told* that my pup has 2 x 26l wing tanks.  I have yet to verify this.

I just assumed that they would have the same tanks . I see what you mean now, those 45 lt tanks would add a fair bit of weight.