Any Aeropup flight reports?

13brv3

Greetings,

Sorry to wake a near-dead subforum, but I've been trying to find flight reports from Aeropup owners.  I'm told there are 60+ Aeropups flying in Australia, but none of my searching has produced much in the way of flight characteristics.  I've literally skimmed through ever mention of the word Aeropup in this entire forum, and any other forum I can think to search.  For most planes, I'd expect any number of people discussing stall speeds, and cruise speeds, plus just general handling qualities, but I've found almost no such information for the Aeropup.  .  I understand there were built long ago, but I'd hope they're still around and flying. 

There's a new dealer in the US, and and I've been seriously considering an Aeropup kit as my next project.  Even the factory demo isn't flying yet, so I'm somewhat starved for information.  About the only comments I've found refer to it as "a lovely flying airplane", which is nice, but a little short on detail 🙂  

Can anyone give actual cruise and stall numbers, or point me to the top secret forum where they may be published 🙂

Thanks,

Rusty

Cockpit size is always a concern for me.  I'm tall, but not basketball player tall.  I do have more neck than nature intended, so headroom is always a problem.    I tried an Avid, but getting in it was like that last clown that squeezes into the VW.   A Kitfox 5 or above fits, as does a Just Aircraft Highlander.  I haven't had a chance to sit in a Kitfox 1-3 or 4, but I suspect even the 4 will be too tight.  I'll have a chance to sit in the factory demo in a couple weeks, so that question will be answered anyway.  I'm hoping I fit, since the other options are just insanely expensive now. 

Rusty

10 hours ago, 13brv3 said:

Greetings,

Sorry to wake a near-dead subforum, but I've been trying to find flight reports from Aeropup owners.  I'm told there are 60+ Aeropups flying in Australia…

Rusty one if those owners is in our club and I’m sure he’d tell you about his.

I’ll rattle his cage.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'll jump on everyone's shoulder's here, and show my interest too. I've bought what I'm lead to believe is the 1st, and only factory assembled.

1 hour ago, Heath said:

I'll jump on everyone's shoulder's here, and show my interest too. I've bought what I'm lead to believe is the 1st, and only factory assembled.

Has that got a jab 3300 

26 minutes ago, Heath said:

Yes indeed, you know it..?

Yes. It is the original factory build. It's in most of the aeropup advertising. Even aeropup Spain used a picture of it . It had a Subaru in it before. Nice plane.

6 hours ago, Heath said:

Yeah, it's had a plethora of motors. I'm just surprised you knew about the Jab

i was going to buy it but decided to go for a nosewheel instead. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folk,

Update from Aeropup Australia.

Yes, we are manufacturing Aeropups at Gympie Airport Queensland.

There have been issues with Local Gympie Council and after 8 Years we have finally solved the challenge. 2 Senior Council employees were dismissed after inappropriate actions against us at the Airport. The Gympie Mayor and Gympie Council CEO are good people, and we can now continue to manufacture the Aeropup with no further hinderance.

The last 5 Years we have built new welding jigs for the complete Aircraft. Accuracy has never been better.

Aeropup production is now in full swing with 15 kits under construction.

Supply of kits, as of this moment, very short lead times.

New instructions are only weeks away.

Production now consists of full CNC tube coping in house. 

Ribs CNC in house. Rib material Australian Hoop Pine marine Grade Plywood made in Brisbane Australia

We own the Dies to produce Spars and Lift Struts so no delays on these items. We have Tests sheets for the 3 profiles.

All steel tube is Military Grade 4130 and German manufactured. All with test certificates.

There was a mention of a Flight Manual with necessary information Yes, we do have this in the system, making some basic updates and will be available in a few weeks.

As the time goes on, we shall update you on progress.

Feel free to contact us

Kind regards

Rollo McKinley

R & C Aviation

Gympie Airport

Queensland Australia

• Like 6
  • Winner 3

Sadly no, we have only just ramped up to decent production levels. Not enough time to be at Parks.

Might try and be there, maybe have some production parts to share the quality we are aiming for. 

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shame the SupaPup is no longer available, that’s a great A/C and looks more like a Cub👍
w feted why you’ve been quiet Rollo, gotta luv the amount of corruption within local councils!🤮

Edited by Flightrite
  • Like 1