Aircraft recovery insurance

bauple58

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has been able to purchase a stand-alone policy covering the cost of aircraft recovery, and the cost of non-accident related repairs (such as engine failure). Neither of these eventualities, I learned today, are wholly covered by my aero club's existing insurance policy, which is capped by an agreed hull value. My hopes for flying long distance in a club hire plane appear remote, unless I can purchase a separate (and affordable) aircraft recovery policy.

Thanks

• Informative 1

18 hours ago, bauple58 said:

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has been able to purchase a stand-alone policy covering the cost of aircraft recovery, and the cost of non-accident related repairs (such as engine failure). Neither of these eventualities, I learned today, are wholly covered by my aero club's existing insurance policy, which is capped by an agreed hull value. My hopes for flying long distance in a club hire plane appear remote, unless I can purchase a separate (and affordable) aircraft recovery policy.

Thanks

wouldn't the club plane be insured by the club not the hirer.