Rust proofing steel tube?

The Average person would be better to buy a proven product with it in it.. I consider it essential for any situation with rust present and always use an etch primer on anything exterior. or motorbikes. wheel barrows etc. Nev

• Informative 1

There's a Repco matt black etch I'm thinking of doing the whole frame of a 26 Harley with that looks terrific where I've done the seat frame . Rattle Can. durable, quick drying easy to touch up, feather in a scratch and match any time. Just cover what you have to protect from overspray with Paper or cotton  sheet when doing repairs.  I do tubular steel engine mounts in flat white etch , Not very thick and easy to see any Cracks starting.

• Informative 1

One of the best rust-proofing paints I've used is Hi-Chems, Rust-Not epoxy paint, made by Rustoleum. It comes in spray cans and regular cans for spraying through a gun - or you can even brush it on.

If you add Hi-Chem Enamel Hardener to it, it makes it even more durable for the long term.

https://www.rustoleum.com.au/~/media/DigitalEncyclopedia/Documents/RustoleumAU/TDS/English/Hi Chem TDS/Rust-Not.ashx?la=en-AU

Yes I was adding hardeners to Spartan alkyd enamel but they contain cyanide. I also used spartan stoving black and ACRAN 2 pack truck paint when it first came out.. Nev

• Like 1