What's this about Virgin airlines? Ch7 news

Yeah, ok, I'm biting at the burley they are throwing out, but it seems so wrong.

Female pilots, ground crews, etc.

Then Virgin (Aus) is mentioned.

Pilot Deborah Lawrie.....   (Sorry if not spelt correctly.)

"25 years after a landmark discrimination case to allow her to become Australia's first female commercial pilot"

Errr.....   Does the name Nancy Bird Walton mean anything here?

21 minutes ago, flying dog said:

Yeah, ok, I'm biting at the burley they are throwing out, but it seems so wrong.

Female pilots, ground crews, etc.

Then Virgin (Aus) is mentioned.

Pilot Deborah Lawrie.....   (Sorry if not spelt correctly.)

"25 years after a landmark discrimination case to allow her to become Australia's first female commercial pilot"

Errr.....   Does the name Nancy Bird Walton mean anything here?

Or Valda Oss who flew for Southern Airlines in a De Havilland Heron in a very smart Ferrari Red on the Essendon - Bairnsdale, Essendon - Millicent - Naracoorte routes as a feeder airline around 1958 A year or so later Reg Ansett ran DC3s into these country airports at a lower rate and shorter trips times and sent Southern broke.

Strategy can compensate for lack of talent but talent never compensates for lack of strategy.

Love it!

Says it all I guess.

Her story is that ol’ Reg A. refused to have female pilots. She took Ansett to court and won, opening the doors for the many female big rig pilots we have today. Yes, there were many female pilots before her, but it was a particularly hard glass ceiling that she broke…

Actually, it reminds me of a story my father told me. My grandmother, many, many years ago, drove up to an intersection in Sydney and was waved through by the cop on duty. When she went back later the same day, he stopped her because, he told her, she was the only female driver he had seen all day.  Times change. 😛

• Like 2