Coldstream airport - upgrade?

According to a report in the AFR, Acuity Development Group has acquired Coldstream Aerodrome and Sunny Meadows Farm in Victoria’s Yarra Valley for $24 million, and plans to invest more than 10 times that amount upgrading the aerodrome and developing a tourism offering with an initial 120 rooms.

More details here.

That's interesting. A guy who comes and has morning tea with us at the Men's Shed, but is not a member, told me that they had built  a jet strip just north of Lilydale airport, capable of handling 737's. He showed me on Google maps where it ran, alongside Stringybark Creek. He said they had put in a service road for access and had signs up about it. I went out that weekend, and of course, nothing. Drove up to Yarra Glen and back. Told him it was BS.

53 minutes ago, red750 said:

That's interesting. A guy who comes and has morning tea with us at the Men's Shed, but is not a member, told me that they had built  a jet strip just north of Lilydale airport, capable of handling 737's. He showed me on Google maps where it ran, alongside Stringybark Creek. He said they had put in a service road for access and had signs up about it. I went out that weekend, and of course, nothing. Drove up to Yarra Glen and back. Told him it was BS.

Just in case, I'll keep a close eye out for 737's while I'm in the circuit at Lilydale!

• Haha 1