Just happened

Yenn

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3941

I just got the above message, which keeps popping up on the forum. Looked at a different site and it didn't appear. It is not stopping me browsing, but seems odd to me. Is it a problem with this site?

I develop and test everything for this site in another area that I call our pre-production site. But yesterday morning when I was developing some code that would include some further interoperability between the site and a new feature I was unbeknown to me working in the actual live site. It all went pear shape which happens often and I just set up a new test environment but you could imagine my face when I looked in the address bar and saw it was this site - the live site.

Anyway the end result is that there is a lot of the functional areas of the database that have become corrupted but NOT YOUR DATA!!!

All the site's basic data is in tact as you can see by the forums still containing your posts etc but things like cache's are all up the creed, code that makes things work better has run off and joined the foreign legion (I say that as I look at the smilies that are not in their correct position when typing a new post out 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif) and other things.

So please accept my apologies but be rest assured that I am working on it and I think now that I may have to create a completely new site and database and painstakingly migrate the data across. This will ensure a completely clean environment otherwise I could be chasing spot fires all over the place. - thanks!

My first thought - you can imagine my face again when the hosting company said the last db backup they did was 1.5 weeks ago - not impressed, they are suppose to be daily backups 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif