how to hurry up a copper...

Flyer

G'day Phil, Where would we be without coppers, (getting to our distination much quicker I suppose!!102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif)... No when you think about it police are the ones that allow you to have a good night sleep, in the city particularly, (nothing much happens out on the farm, execpt UHF's and Diesel getting pinched!!)...

Now let's get down to the stuff where ment to be here for!!099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

While driving to work Bob had to swerve to avoid a box that falls out of the truck in front. Seconds later, a policeman pulls Bob over for reckless driving. Fortunately, another officer sees the carton on the road an stops traffic and gets the box. The two policemen find it is full of large upholstery tacks. “I'm sorry sir, says the first copper to Bob, “but i am still going to have to write you a ticket”.

“For what!” Bob says.

“Tacks evasion.”

Cheers

Tom:thumb_up:

I've just read the thread. Very interesting. Unfortunatley I also missed the joke as it has been removed.

I still did the job though, as thats whats expected. Others (some public servants I know) would take 2 years off paid stress leave!!!Get my drift.

Phildo, I don't get your drift. You take offence when a non-copper makes a joke about cops. Why shouldn't public servants take offence at you?

Wouldn't it be fairer to compare yourself to other coppers who might take 2 years off paid stress leave in the same situation? (There are enought cops on stress leave to choose from). Even cops are human and get affected by traumatic experiences.

I'm an ex copper now, but when I was a copper I used to look down on public servants (it seemed to be part of the police culture to think we were better than them), but then one day a senior public servant sat me down for a few hours and explained a few things to me which expanded my narrow, largely uninformed views, and changed the way I now perceive the public service. (does that process sound familiar?)

I've since left the police force (with fond memories) and now run my own private business.

My uncle (mother's brother) retired as a Chief Inspector and started up the melb Peninsula branch of the retired police association told me many stories of what happens in the police force. he got a medal for disarming a man with a gun and I think that is a situation like that knowing any second you could be dead would be a stressful time.

He was in charge of St. Kilda at a time when it was like Kings Cross of Sydney. I asked him what could he do and he said all that could be done there was to keep the kids out and it will eventually die. Sure enough St. Kilda is now a rather cosmopolitan place.

he was also in charge of the gaming squad and one night when I went over to his place he was sitting in front of the fire after a days work reading a little black book having a chuckle to himself. It was the proceeds of a raid that happened that day and he scored the names and addresses of so many bookies that were flaughting the law. Obviously more raids were going to happen in the following days 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

If you believe there is corruption in the police force that I can tell you it must have started many many many years ago. My Great Great Great etc Grandfather who came out on the first fleet for stealing a piece of lead of a roof top, ended up the very first Chief Constable of Police in Victoria - and he was a criminal 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

They're only human and they have to put up with a lot from us folk

Ian (seeing the police in a new light now)

From Jay kay,

Phildo, I don't get your drift. You take offence when a non-copper makes a joke about cops. Why shouldn't public servants take offence at you?

Firstly, Giday mate. Yes, now that I look at your post I would agree with you. I was thinking at the time of a FEW select people known to me who are employed by the police who have adopted the 'I'm a underpaid Public Servant, therefore I will do as little as possible' types that ruin the good work of the majority. I guess I was far too broad in my opion when typing the post.

And no, I dont look down on anyone anymore. Everybody, including the offenders, can teach you something about something. I learnt that from the Army many years ago where the young diggers with the up to date info would give a lecture to the senior officers who listened intently and respectfully AND would act on their advice.

I believe to be a good police officer, you need to have plently of life experience otherwise you may just well start looking down at people (or worst still - get big headed). I see it everyday from people who started in the job at a very young age.

I'm not perfect i_dunno either mind you !!!! (read - grumpy bugger!!!)

Phil.