"On long finals for a full stop...!"

ZAZOO

Hi every one....:big_grin:

I am in the proscess to relocate from South Africa to Australia....Queensland it is going to be.

Have to sell my Bantam, verry painfull experience!

Any one flying Bantam or know of Bantam air craft flying in Queensland (Oz for that matter...?) please let us know.091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Save flying....

(With no wings...you have to walk!)

Regards

Zazoo

Hi Zazoo,

the main dealer for these in australia is in Caloundra Airport being Skyfox Flight Training-- check them out on skyfox.net.au

thjere are plenty of thse versatile Kiwi machines around Qld.

I live in Brisbane and would be pleased to intorduce to the scene here

john

G'day Zazoo, and welcome to the world forum of aircraft information.....:big_grin:

What part of Queensland are you moving to....?

Cheers,

Tom

Tom 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Will be coming over ± end of December 2008 may be only end of January 2009. Waiting for 175 visa (Permanent) Things go slow here in Africa ......!

Will be going to Ayr and work from there....?? The wife is a theacher and I am in the agriculture - Sugar.

Cheers

Up near Townsville hey...looks like a nice spot,

Sugar Cane Eeh... My Dad's family has a bit of history in that...my Dad's, Dad invented the first Cane Harvester...In Bundaberg, then Toffs took over the patents and produced them.... I think that's how it went...

Tom

Eeh...Sounds like you would be able to assist in spreading the resume around... I presume you are not involved in the sugar industry?

It would be very interesting to talk to you...099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

Where about are you stationed, and what air craft are you flying...?

ZAZOO

With empty toy box...but hope not for long!

Yes, We're not actually involved in Cane anymore, Well to tell you the truth I never even was, but my Dad and Family, then he move out to Cecil Plains (300klm west of Brisbane), and worked on a cotton farm for a while, but he was a Diesel Fitter/mechanic by trade, so he started up his own business, fixing all the farmers stuff, So 20odd yrs later where still here and My oldest Brother works full time for Dad as a Trady Diesel fitter, and I'm his Second yr apprentice, doing the same trade....

I don't fly an aircraft yet, in the training stages, though when I start, will possibly be in a Jabiru 120. and hopefully will start soon...:thumb_up:

Nice talking,

Tom

Ps. I'm only a young wiper snipper..!! Turn 17 on Friday....:big_grin:

Well Tom

Let me fist say to you, congratulations and hope turning 17 will be a very special day!

Now, me you see... you can double the 17 and put a couple of grey ones on the head and don’t forget about the ones I've lost!

You are at the best school to be at in life, and learning from the "old man" is good, you get to know about all the tricks of the trade, you won’t find in books!

Good luck with the Jabaru 120 and your first lessons, never give up & keep going at it 100%!

Cheers

ZAZOO

You fail to plan…you plan to fail!)

Thanks for that Zazoo,

I'm sure it will be a good day, I will be able to get me driving license, that's what I'm looking forward to the most, (well about a week after anyway, because you got sign a log book, and you got to be 17 to do that, and send it in, and then when they get it and check it out, that's when I can go and get the license.....:big_grin:)

Yes I enjoy working with Dad, well I have done since I was in Nappys:blush:...but with the appren... it gives me a trade (by 2010 hopefully)....:thumb_up:

I'm looking forward to the flying training.....:thumb_up: My ambition is to eventually fly for Mission Aviation Fellowship....don't know if you've heard of them, but they do fly in South Africa, and other places all over the world...:thumb_up:

Cheers,

Tom

And if you plan to fail...fail you will;)

Tom

Yes I know about them :thumb_up: and have one of the SA aviation magazines here with an article on what they are all about... good on you mate, you aim high and it seems you have a plan to get there, just don’t give up on getting your trade fist, that is important. Work hard at it and keep going!036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

About the driving license,...091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif that is a different story that even I have to go through once I am in Oz.... I guess no need to worry about that now; will jump the hurdle once I am there!

My dream is just to be able to keep on flying, and maybe one day my own Bantam in your beautiful country one day!092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif

I have been there visiting once for about 4 weeks traveling the east coast from down south just across the NSW boarder right up to cairns. What a tour that was mate! Fell in love with all of it and will never forget "trader Pete" from Hamilton Island... what a great visit! Still have the cap he gave me! After visiting Procerpine mill.

Cheers,

and let us know about the driving license............question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif

Zazoo

(Nothing comes cheep...you have to pay in sweat!)011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Hi Guys, can anyone join this conversation 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Zazoo, not only to the forum but on your impending arrival is our great country. I think you'll find it very similar to Africa in many ways. The weather and scenery can be very much the same in places. After all, we were once joined together at the hip as they say.

Tomo, you may still be wet behind the ears (young) but I like your style. Happy birthday for Friday, I'm celebrating my marriage anniversary today. Not sure how many years it is now but somewhere in the regeion of 34. Fly safely (when you get round to it) and you'll celebrate yours as well.

Have a nice day guys,

Deskpilot,

Happy aniversary for today, Im celebrating my first aniversary on Monday so I'm no doubt in for a long road ahead. Nah shes a good girl I got this new bike for her, damm I will miss her lol

G'day Zazoo.

Welcome. You will like Ayr, it is a nice town and the highway bypasses it now so the main street should be a bit quieter than when I lived there 1971 or thereabouts.

I think we have a Bantam at Rodds Bay which is 10 hours South of Ayr by car.

The cane harvesting machinery has an association with recreational flying. Rod Stiff was in Cairns and came down to Bundaberg with a manufacturer. Toffs I believe and is now the most succesful aircraft manufacturer in Australia, building and designing the Jabiru.

Hi Doug:wave:

34th anniversary.... G..mate that is an achievement, congratulations to the both of you. I am now almost half that... isn’t it true the longer it is... the better it gets:question:

Thanks for the warm welcoming mate! :thumb_up:

Cheers

ZAZOO

(it's not what you can get from it...It's about how much you put into it!)

G'day Ian

You were saying.....

'...I think we have a Bantam at Rodds Bay which is 10 hours South of Ayr by car."

I guess I will have to come to terms with "distance",

Aust.. being such a big country you drive for 10 hr's in SA... you probably seen it all. (Especially if you drive like some of them do over here...)

Cheers

ZAZOO

Thanks Zazoo, You don't have to worry about me not finishing my appren... It sort of comes a bit second nature'ly, mechanic-in that is...! been playing around with that sort of thing for my hole life so far....:big_grin:

Mr. Deskpilot, Happy Wedding Anniversary... "So we won't expect you to be on the forums tonight?, because your taking your better half out for tea.....isn't that how it goes...025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif:big_grin:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Thanks for the compliment about my style.... Must come from living in the country... Ha ha:laugh:

Yes Rodney Stiff worked at Toffs engineering as a drafts person, worked along side my Dad's uncle, "Ray Scott" (who also helped design the first harvester)..... Dad also did his Apprenticeship there, back in its hay day...!

Ah, I better stop rattling on about Cane harvester stuff 099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif....

Thanks Guys,

Tom

And to make a quid...sweat you will:big_grin:

I guess I will have to come to terms with "distance",

Aust.. being such a big country you drive for 10 hr's in SA... you probably seen it all. (Especially if you drive like some of them do over here...)

There's an Ozzie joke about distances.... go's something like this....

An Ozzie went to visit a property in America, and the American farmer said to him...You can drive all day on my property and still won't come to the other side by sundown...! And the Ozzie says, Yeah Mate, I had a ute like that once.....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Distance is just a scientific word for....Over there006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guy's

Need guidance here.. 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Any one that can tell me where to start once settled in to be legal to fly again.

Any flight schools close to Ayr?

Will I have to do some conversion of some kind?

My SA license..."MPL" will it be of any value in getting air born again?

Regards

Zazoo