Just Landed

Guest MaxS

Gidday all

Just joined.

Happily flying my Jabiru J160 ZK-CLX which I built last year and launched in January 2006. Also flying my VP-2 ZK-CVW " De Gustibus" which I also built and first flew in 1998. Prior to that flew a Turbulent ZK-CVX. Right now am building a Flitzer Z-21A.

Love these aircraft!

Cheers

Max

Wellington NZ

G'day max.

Welcome to the forums, it's nice to have a Kiwi on the lists as we will be able to get a different perspective on some things. Is the VP2 the 2 seat version of the VP1? I had a good look at a VP1 un the UK a couple of years ago and think I will stick with my Corby Starlet but the 2 seater may be a different beast.

Ian Borg

Welcome aboard Max and hope you enjoy your stay - have to be careful what I say to you as my wife is a kiwi ;) - and the mother in law is coming over from Auckland tomorrow for 10days - phew, lucky I am up here in Port Macquarie 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I am told the licencing rules over there are bit different - something about 30 or 40hrs for full cross country and Pax endorsements if my memory is correct - is that right?

Gidday Ian

The VP-2 is indeed designed as a two-seat aircraft but I fly mine as a singleseat only. The engine is a 1834 cc VW and when built the aircraft came out at about 100 pounds above the design empty weight. So with two on board it would be both underpowered and overweight.

But with one up it flies well and is certainly strong enough.

Cheers

Max

Welcome to your new group of friends Alan. I think you will find this forum interesting, informative, instructional, at times intriguing, but above all friendly. Please feel welcome to offer your own comments, ask questions, share experiences, especially share your flying experiences. Glad to hear your enjoying training at Shepp. Well you didn't exactly say "enjoying" but if your flying the Tecnam and with the great bunch of instructors there you'd have to be enjoying it.

Regards,

Paul

G'day Guys,

I have finally registered to the site! I am a young pilot, only 17 years of age, but have my PPL and also my full Rec. license after converting in a T500 tail dragger!

I started GA lessons at 14 and havent stuck my feet on the ground since..Now, flying many multiple aircraft in both GA and Rec.

But Recently purchasing our own P92S tecnam has been a dream come true.

I look forward in hearing all the stories, tricks of the trade and advice given to all of the pilots online within this site!

Cheers

Sam