Merry Christmas To All Rec Fly Users

Admin

Hi ALL

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year. :big_grin:

Our target for 2008 was to have 2,500 registered members and 500 user's logged in within a 24hr period - we have achieved that 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif - The Recreational Flying community is growing incredibly every single day which means more and more recreational pilots are being helped by other recreational pilots - I hope you have found something helpful here on this site.

Early in the New Year, Recreational Flying - "The Home of Recreational Flying, Pilots and Enthusiasts", will release a new more enjoyable site that we hope will be a pleasure to use. The main things are that we will be focusing in the area of providing extensive information about the aircraft most of us fly and reviews on the aircraft all in a easy to use and searchable environment plus what we should have done this year, and that is to make the whole site look and feel like one i.e. all pages look and feel the same.

See how the screenshots of the Forums, Downloads and Aircraft are all similar

[ATTACH]6965.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6966.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6967.vB[/ATTACH]

With many International users now coming to our Australian site we will be including some International areas into the site in 09 so we can learn more, share our experiences and flying adventures with people from all walks of life, from all parts of the globe - what is it like flying a Thruster in Malta, an Airborne Trike in the UK, a Tecnam in New Zealand or a Jabiru in the States etc.

With around 3.75 Million hits and around 20,000 unique visitors a month, Recreational Flying (.com.au) is no doubt the premier informative site on Recreational Flying and recreational aircraft in Australia BUT, it is only what you make it, by joining in and swapping information, you never know who one day you may help!

Again, everyone have a fantastic Christmas and also I am sure you will all join me in saying thank you to some very important people:

slartibartfast - with out his guiding wisdom I would go insane (he is a year older then me) 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Seal - for looking after the Links Section 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

pelorus32 - who is our equipment reviewer 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Kaz - always ensuring that we have a list of aviation events we can see each week 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

tvaner - for looking after the famous quotes section 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

BLA82 - who ensures we have some great videos to watch in the video section 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

newforum.jpg.2f0e00a48c69ce0bf0539d5eb8b9a3b3.jpg

newdownloads.jpg.51a70726d2ceb8644a58093fc66e1da6.jpg

newaircraft.jpg.08f54c8bab7db29b35242ce41e00a2be.jpg

And don't forget the Boss....

Admin - known to all as "Ian", who owns the site, and does all the required upgrades to make Recreational Flying (.com.au) look and operate smoothly... 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

A big thank you to Ian for producing this great forum and a Very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you all, and whatever you do, don't do anything silly over the break. Fly safe.

My comment.

It is certainly a success story. Thanks Ian, and everybody else who puts their heart and soul into their input, I wish you all the very best for the christmas "event". Fly SMART, think aeroplane, and experience the satisfaction of feeling part of your machine, at one with it.

To those of you who have built something with their own hands, you have my admiration. Thanks to a lot of people who have paved the way, this is a possibility for anyone who decides to do it. It wasn't always thus. Regards Nev..

Guest pelorus32

Merry Christmas

Firstly to Ian, only you know how tough this journey has been. My heartfelt thanks for what you and your vision have built here.

Next to Corinne, I suspect that Ian sleeps very little and works very hard. All of us here owe you big time.

Then to some special people, in particular to Nev (Facthunter), Tony (TOSGCentral), Slarti - we're nothing without you mate, and everyone else who works so hard and who I've forgotten to mention 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif.

Finally a very Merry Christmas to all of the people that make this site what it is - the community of users who make this site a rich and rewarding environment.

Please all of you fly safely and enjoyably, have a brilliant time over the holiday season and come back fresh and enthused next year.

Thanks and best wishes everyone. I'll try and send you some photos of flying in Italy in the first couple of weeks in January when I'm over there.

Kind regards

Mike