Skykid

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett Campany

Just starting to get into it with a camera I've had for about a year, the Panasonic Lumix DMFZ-50. Great camera for a beginner!

Slartibartfast: Nothing specific at all I was just woundering.... Hmmm.. How come I didn't see photo gallery earlyer...

Lazerin: DUDE!!! Those are pretty damn mean!

Brett: Not a bad camera. I got myself a pentax p30t to strat out with. Its a fairly old slr camera but its a good one.:big_grin:

Thanks

H :yin_yan:

Lazerin, like your cricket do you. Lovely photos mate, well balanced, and the mixture of B & W plus coloured areas, brilliant. I always though b/w make the most defined images. They seem to be more crisp and alive than colour.

Seems to me that our photo gallery has always been aviation orientated whereas what Skykid is referring to is general/semi professional photography of everyday things and scenes.

Thanks guys, glad you liked them.

Doug, I do enjoy a bit of cricket every now and then, it's a shame we lost the series to RSA, but they batted quite well (i'm hoping we bowl them out in this next period after the tea break...come on!!!). B&W is always a bit tricky for me. I often have difficulty picking the right subjects for B&W, but I definitely agree that there is a certain elegance and "pop" about them that makes them more defined. What I'd really like to get into, now that I've started flying, is aerial and air to air photography. There's potential for some awesome eye candy sunset/sunrise shots.

Skykid, please do share some of your shots!

I'm using a Fujifilm s6500fd (too poor to afford a DSLR 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif). I'm pretty happy with it though, "decent" lens for a superzoom (28-300mm) and full manual controls. It's no DSLR but it'll do for now.

My personal favourite shot is:

10 Second Man

Lovely shot lazerin

very talented indeed. Interesting to see photography come up on the forum as a lot of pilots and non pilots like taking photos of planes but I love travel photography apart from flying. Not such a good photographer as you but love getting a good result, a lot of satisfaction in that.

See some "travel" photos below.

1_Mr_Morgans_Cheetah.jpg 1_hummellbird__at_Narrowmine.jpg 1_Mr_Morgans_Sierra.jpg 1_Narrowmine_2007_097.jpg

accident

Yeah accidental plane , I think number 4 flys backwards as well .

Actually Rutan aircraft and the varieze in particular was the plane that got me back into aviation and I love them however they are a little different and perhaps not so practical for Ozzie conditions.

Phil Hefferanan out of Mangalore took me for a flight and it appealed to my sense of whatever that it could fly as fast as a Fokker friendship but using about 1000th of the fuel of course. Saw lots of them at Oshkosh canard heaven.

Number one I am sure you know what that is and you are giving slarti a hard time, yes? [Morgan Cheetah]

# 2 is the lovely polished aluminium Hummelbird.

#3 is the Morgan Sierra

I'll try but all of mine are from a slr camer I'll have to get some on a disk. I'll put some ones I took with a not so great Dcamera. Just remember I've got ALOT ALOT ALOT better photos than these

Skydog: (even better name:big_grin:) love the photos. the first is the best in my mind. I got one like your second photo.

Doug: Yeah I love my aircraft photography but I was meaning more along the lines of general/semi professional photography. But all is good.

Oh good site for aviation photography is www.airliners.net if anyone is interested

Didn't work last time sorry. But here are. Remember I have ALOT 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif BETTER ONES that ant from a Dcamera. Gives me a reason to get them on to a disk now:cool:.

Thanks

P.S The chick in the photo is my little sister. Normaly hates cameras but was lucky enought to get this shot of her.

P.P.S I got two other photos in golden oldies in another post.

1181264934_Picture2014.jpg.d3105562633307895aada094e673e12a.jpg

1147732672_Picture3067.jpg.f57dbcb528d7eb3d52bd86c0f46d6afc.jpg

2073425866_Picture3091.jpg.8928656bc18c58b0da801aa2cd10a6ce.jpg

Skydog, alas, I wasn't joking, I didn't know! That's a sweet ride slartibartfast *drool*. The fighter jet HOTAS controls are awesome hehe.

Skykid, I understand it must be annoying to try and get prints onto digital format. You probably lose a bit of colour and contrast with scanning as well, unless it was a photo scanner thingy. I'm a fan of airliners as well :thumb_up:

Brett, that's very lucky that you get to be where the air race is!! Must be a great sight.

I have been taking photos for over 50 years and moved over to digital a couple of years ago. It is much cheaper and I had got to the stage where I couldn't afford the cost of chemicals and paper, so the darkroom sits idle.

I havn't posted much on this forum, but I have posted on Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing under the name of yen36. It is a good site to see all sorts of photography

Brett: Nice man. I wish I could of gone to the air race's!! I really like your third and forth photo.

Doug: What type of car is that if you don't mind getting off topic for a tad.

Paul: I argee man. I find the best time to take photos is realy morning and dusk. \

Great photos everybody :thumb_up:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif:big_grin:

Thanks

Yenn: Dude you must of just posted right befor I did. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I Can't seem to find our photos on flicker sadly. I tryed typing in yen36 in the search thingy but nothing came up 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Doug: Nice. Very very nice.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Thanks