Careful thats hot !

1_000_0218.jpg

Hi all,

I wanted to post this in other trikes and weightshift but that forum seems to have gone away.

When I bought my trike it came with two flying suits, I noticed one had a burn mark on the left sleeve (not that I noticed its location).

Saturday I took my daughter flying which is still a fairly new experience for both of us, this time she bought the camera. Talk about snap happy, snap here, snap there, all good fun :thumb_up: .

When we returned there was a much larger burn hole in the sleeve of her flying suit and a small one in her jumper 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif. On close inspection the other suit has a small mark on the left sleeve from a close encounter with something hot.

It seems that it is quite easy to accidentally rub your arm on the exhaust when turning sideways to get that perfect shot. 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Something to be aware of in a 582 equipped Pegasus

Regards Bill

Bill, trikes are a Recreational aircraft so I didn't want to separate Trikes as something other then a Recreational Aircraft so there is a Other Rec Aircraft User's Group

If there is enough Pegasus users out there then definitely worth creating a separate user's group for them

If that helps!

TRIKES... is good..Any trike would be fair to share discussion, safety and other matters of interest..no need to dominate a great site with just aussie products..thats my feeling..but maybe we only fly airborne here..??

Cheers..freeeeeedom of SPEECH is a good expression for all humans...just the opinions may getttt under our skin...if we are not open to expression.

Smooth flights.

Chris

Guest Crezzi

Just one user group for all trike types makes sense for me too. Whatever model we fly, I think that we have more in common with each other than differences.

John

Flightsuit Exhaust Damage

Perhaps an un-intended but very welcome 'heads up' from Bill's post is that it points out the downside of wearing flying apparel made of synthetic fabrics. If momentary contact with a hot exhaust component can melt it, one has to think about how quick that same flying suit (and it's occupant) would combust if accelerated by spilled fuel and open flame in an accident. I believe a member on these forums within the past twelve months hi-lited the common sense and self preservation aspects of wearing natural fibre or nomex-type flying gear. At the very least, a mixture of melted plastic and skin tissue ain't pretty.

Perhaps an un-intended but very welcome 'heads up' from Bill's post is that it points out the downside of wearing flying apparel made of synthetic fabrics. If momentary contact with a hot exhaust component can melt it, one has to think about how quick that same flying suit (and it's occupant) would combust if accelerated by spilled fuel and open flame in an accident. .

Too true.

Does anyone know what the Hi-Vis freezer suits a lot of people are wearing are made from?

Does anybody have a brand name/link for flame retardent types?

Regards Bill