SportStar Syndicate

Anyone interested in a SportStar Syndicate based in Victoria? I had a fly in the new SportStar SL last weekend and it was a fantastic aircraft. There is a brand new aircraft arriving in July 2009 and it would great if there were interests to syndicate this aircraft. If you would like to test fly this aircraft there is a demo aircraft in Vic right now.

Basic points will be:

* 8 members @ $22,000 each. This will cover the cost of the aircraft with some money in the bank.

* monthly cost to cover hangerage, and insurance. Hanger to be discussed by the members.

* hourly rate when you fly - which will cover fuel and some for maintenance. This can be discussed by the members.

* booking of the aircraft will be via the internet so it is easy for all members to book.

* members will need to be have a minimum of at least 100 hours of flying experience

Any other points can be discussed by the syndicate members. If you are interested, pls PM me and we can start talking with SportStar and see if we can secure the aircarft in July 2009.

Guest drizzt1978

You could buy two jabs for that amount of money......

heheheh....

Maybe even three and a spare engine

Perhaps Jab would cut you a deal on three 120's and a couple of spare engines.

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

hi drizzt1978, yes you are absolutely correct, you can buy 3 x J120 for one brand new SportStar, or 2 x J120 for a demo. However having said that you get what you paid for. I have nothing against Jabs as I fly them myself but if there is a choice, I would prefer another aircraft.

I would recommend that you make contact with the Australian Distributor, Peter Harlow to have a test fly in the SportStar and I would love to hear your feedback after the test flight. You can get Peter on 0413900892.

Yep - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - look at Volvo drivers and the pile of metal they drive !

Beauty is only skin deep - this can be applied to Volvo cars

True beauty comes from within - interestingly lots of female Volvo dirvers appear to meet this criteria

JM

Guest pelorus32
Don't go getting all serious now....:black_eye:Pickin' on each others aircraft is only a game. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Just make sure you remember that when I'm a bleeding mess on the floor after the %$%$% Jab owners have given me a thrashing....again!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

There was a sportstar in BDG last week courtesy of Peter Harlow, the Australian distributor of the aircraft. It is a fantastic aircraft, not just by looks but it flies very well and thus this thread.

Guest drizzt1978

Yeah there are so many great planes to fly!!! Im partial to anything as beautifull as the sportstar!!! I just wanted to throw a emotional handgranade into the mix to get some interest....By the way tooradin is about 80 odd dollars a week for hangers....

Guest drizzt1978

just ring the front desk 59983711

They tend to try and let past students get hangar space, and the next thing is, is there any room!!! And boy now im thinking i need to test fly one if tooradin is on the cards, but dam eight people??? could get hectic.

I would like to do a syndicate later in the year but a max of three people i think!!

Well to have 3 or 4 members, the membership does increases and it might not work unless the members have deep pockets. There is an option which is to get the demo plane which is cheaper but the outlay will be the same but about 2 members less. I am sure with the ONLINE booking system the members will be able to work it out.

Guest brentc

Speaking of Tooradin, hangars are REALLY close. I know I've been saying it for a while however local government has been dragging their backsides a little. There is currently a waiting list and it will fill fast. Priority is given to RA-Aus aircraft, not only because they are smaller but because they generally get used more and we want a busy airfield!

Thanks Brent, where is this list where I can put my name on it? Well that is if the members are also happy to hanger the aircraft there. The aircraft will most probably be a RA Aus aircraft with CASA allowing certain restriction removed, eg increase weight and CTA (when they do come into act) it will be cheaper to have the aircraft registered RA Aus.

Guest brentc

The number is 03 5998 3711 (call during the week). No stress if it doesn't pan out for you as you don't have to committ. We have a syndicate there already with J230 with 5 or so members (some of the members are on here), it seems to work out well for them.

Adelaide Biplanes is selling one there sports stars for eighty five grant.

Saw the ad in the RA Aus mag. Not sure about this one as it has 2800 hours on it already, with 270 hours to go on the Rotax. A new engine will be approx $25k so at $85k I do not think that we will go for this aircraft. There is a demo aircraft with approx 30 hours which I think would be a better deal.

However having said the above, it does show how the SportStar holds its value, even after 2800 hours (approx a quarter of its life, based on certification of 12000 hours TT). Another reason to consider the SportStar. ;)

BTW is there anywhere we can find the certified hours for aircraft types?

Saw the ad in the RA Aus mag. Not sure about this one as it has 2800 hours on it already, with 270 hours to go on the Rotax. A new engine will be approx $25k so at $85k I do not think that we will go for this aircraft. There is a demo aircraft with approx 30 hours which I think would be a better deal.However having said the above, it does show how the SportStar holds its value, even after 2800 hours (approx a quarter of its life, based on certification of 12000 hours TT). Another reason to consider the SportStar. ;)

Hi LEJ,

I don't think somebody putting a price on an item shows anything very much thumb_down. If it sells for that figure and even better several others similar have sold for that money then you have something to hang your hat on :thumb_up:.

Regards Bill

Sound like you could be right.Is the newer model had some upgrades on it.

Shafs

Hi Shafs, I think that the engine is the same with some face lift. I know that there is a demo aircraft in Tyabb right now which I have flown! When the engine is going, it is rather quiet with the top opened. I was rather surprised that the canopy is rather ridget as the prop wash did not bother it much.

If I had a deep pocket I would get that aircraft, NVFR, auto pilot (height and turn), toe brakes (I think they come std), carby heat, heating and cooling in the cabin, EFIS, GPS, Transponder, 2 channel radio, constant speed prop (in flight adjustable), trim/autopilot/radio on stick, and the list goes on. What a Plane! Even tough I will not use some of the features, it is a fantastic plane.

Regards,

EJ

Big list of goodies.

I think the auto pilot would be good cut down the work load. EFIS would be great too.

Rec aircraft are really leaveing GA behind tech wise.

Paul