How many of us have gone solo, and are........

..........in the process of getting our certificates?

Make a stand here, and we'll just see how many of us new pilots there are, (or pilots in the next little while, ie. you've gone solo, and are just finishing off)

Or if you've gotten all certificated up in the last couple of months.........

============

Well there's me to start with....:thumb_up:

I'm not to far away from being certified, next couple of weeks I'm hoping...!

Guest Brett Campany

I'm now certified and in the process of getting my 10 hours of PIC time up for my Pax endorsement and have also done my first solo. I've got about 3.9hrs left of PIC flying to knock over before I can take passengers up with me.

Count me in here Tomo. I did everything in one hit in Kingaroy in Feb-Mar. Got my cert, then knocked over the x-country although I had a week off because of that cyclone that hovered off the coast and turned everything IFR (intensley frustrated relfy). I tried to knock over my last 3.5 hrs solo PIC for my pax endo and after touring the finer parts of the South Burnett for 2.5 hrs (my longest solo flight), I felt that pushing 3.5 was too much for me at that stage so I came back to the training office for a cuppa and some advice on how to remove the smile.

I've got some pics and vid of a nav I did with my instructor over to Double Island Point near Rainbow Beach that I'll have to post when I get back home. It was awesome and the experience of coming over the ranges and into the clean smooth ocean air was amazing. The tuna working that day along the coast were everywhere and being above them rather than throwing lures at them was a different perspective.

I am also looking at doing my low level endo as my instructor is a very experienced ag pilot and anything else I can do to make my flying safer down low should it ever be required would be a bonus, on top of all the helpful advice he gave me along the way.

I may even have to drop you a line Tomo and come over for a visit to your strip when I knock over that last hour. You're only just over the Bunya hill.

Guest Orion

I've got about 38 hours up.

Including about 2 hours PIC.

The bad weather in coffs over the last 6 - 8 weks has pretty much kept me grounded so i cant seem to get up much solo time and i'm away for two weeks trekking kokoda at end of this week so unless it fines up soon i think i'm going to end up with the CFI in the seat next to me for a while.

Once you solo i think its important to fly often to keep the confidence up.

Cheers

Kent

Got my cert and have done NAV 1, still need to clock up the required PIC hrs for PAX endo should almost cover it with solo nav and a good excuse to go for another fly ;) so aiming to do navs...

I hope to get my Cert in another couple of weeks.

Bad weather has meant little solo time but hey still loving it.

Maybe we should all do a fly in when we all get the x-country endorsement :D

Went up today and it was crazy... but still fun :)

Maybe we should all do a fly in when we all get the x-country endorsement :D

Great minds think alike hey.....:big_grin:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Just what I was thinking, that's why I came up with this thread idea....:thumb_up:

Ahh Brilliant.. I am looking at weather stuff and funny looking maps at the moment ..

Hmm flyin in.. Sounds AWESOME :thumb_up:

Count me in:clap:

Ahh Brilliant.. I am looking at weather stuff and funny looking maps at the moment ..Hmm flyin in.. Sounds AWESOME :thumb_up:

Count me in:clap:

That's good...:thumb_up: Just don't hold your breath....! but we'll have to do something in the next little while....

Passed my BAK today. Still need to do 2 more hours solo before I go for my Pilot Certificate. I hope get a nice calm day for that.

Regards

John.

I have just over 29 hours dual and 10.3 hours PIC and am just in the process of getting a few items signed-off so hopefully I will be doing the test soon. I did some upper air work last Saturday and while that went well it made me a little air sick. It definitely affected my performance, especially when heading back to the barn :-(

At my school we do the pilot certificate, PAX and XC all in one hit.

Passed my BAK today. Still need to do 2 more hours solo before I go for my Pilot Certificate.

Good on ya John...:thumb_up: You sound like your progress is about the same as mine. 2hrs more solo, with a check flight or two in between:thumb_up:

At my school we do the pilot certificate, PAX and XC all in one hit.

Same here.

I've got 21.6 hrs up so far, and my instructor tell's me if I do well on my next nav-ex he'll pass me, and then the remaider of the thirty hours will be all solo.

The only problem is because of work commitments I haven't flown for about two months and it will be at least another two weeks before things start easing of with work. So then it will be back into the books and back into the lessons.

Guest basscheffers

Just finished on Friday, certificate PAX and XC in one go! After about 43 hours and a taking just over a year to do it.

Probably go PPL a year from now, but am also interested in getting low-flying and formation endorsements. Not two things I would regularly do, but training for them will surely make me a better, more precise pilot.

Went solo in a Thruster in 1988 did about 40 hours then gave it away. Started again 2 years ago in a Gazelle and now have another 37 hours. I have got my PAX but I am having a little trouble getting motivated to study for x country,...... one of these days!

had first solo on Monday.

Congrat's on your solo... I hope you enjoyed it! 'cause you'll never get that chance again...!:thumb_up:

Guest adamneat
I'm now certified and in the process of getting my 10 hours of PIC time up for my Pax endorsement and have also done my first solo. I've got about 3.9hrs left of PIC flying to knock over before I can take passengers up with me.

Brett - is the PAX endorsement just a matter of geting solo hours up post doing your solo or is it a specific endorsement you need to go for? I can't wait until I take people up (even if im pre-PPL).

Bacchus, flight instructors around Aus are already saying that we 2009'ers are the best yet. ;) Perhaps we should do some shirts up? 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

I guess we'll have to meet at the thread starters base at Dalby.

I guess we'll have to meet at the thread starters base at Dalby.

Well that would make it a bit far from the one's further south... should go for somewhere in the middle, so It's fairly even distances for all to travel...

What we should do, is make it a recreational flying forum fly-in, half focused on us newbies, that way we can all mingle around the "experts" and catch up...011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Perhaps we should do some shirts up?

I'm a 2009

Pilot

of the yr

award holder!

I guess if BecM is in, I'd in as well...

Tho', that creates two problems:

1. We both need PAX and X-Country, and

2. We'd probably argue about who'd fly.

She's the 'senior' pilot, so I'd expect to lose...:black_eye:

Stanzahero.