Hello from YMBD

Guest dilojem

Guest dilojem
If you want to see and experience other planes join our club at Goolwa or just come and visit on BBQ days -- anyone is always welcome

Hi Peter

I am endeavouring to update the RPA website and add some details about other clubs/airfields and functions etc... so what days are the BBQ's held at Goolwa and what is the cost? Do we need to ring first, if so what's the best number to contact on? Is it hosted by the airfield or a flying club? I've flown in there twice now and met with Geoff, his son Richard and also Jock, it's nice to extend my wings and have a reason to fly somewhere close... and FOOD is ALWAYS a good reason! 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Cheers

Diana

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PeterI am endeavouring to update the RPA website

hey Diana...any chance of getting a link to this site on yours :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Guest dilojem

Hi Ian... if you mean THIS site as a link... already done... just waiting for approval on my pages before I upload them.

I caught up with Jodie, her fellow student Kate (or was it Karen) and Steven yesterday on a day that was not conducive to smooth flying. The girls soon departed to wash aeroplanes, thus paying towards their training (good on them) and Steven was engrossed in his human factors exam. He completed that and then retired to a quieter place to sit Nav Met exam and something else. I enjoyed a long talk with a GA pilot from Perth, en route to Melbourne. He'd had a stop over at Ceduna and was at Aldinga for 2 days. His plane was a 4 yo Cessna with cargo pod. Can't remember which model. Also caught up with Brian Eastwood who likes slow and low in an Xair. Brian's brother Geoff designed and builds the Tyro at Goolwa.

The girls eventually came back and had hot soup and toast for lunch. By this time, the drizzle had stopped and the sun was shining. The wind however was still at about 20 knots, not that that stopped Martyn taking some guests up in his Wacco biplane. Boy that radial engine sounds good. Gaylene and the girls in the kitchen were kept busy with several groups coming in for a bite, the log fire was kept well stacked and all in all, it was just perfect. Nice atmosphere, interesting company and pleasant conversation. Apart from flying, what more could you want.

G'day Doug,

Sorry about that. As soon as I finished I came over but got called off to help a fellow work out how to use NAIPS with AirNav VFR!

A little while after you left I did the BAK exam and managed to pass that. Three exams in one day and all passed, yeeharr! :-) That HF one I didn't like much although there is probably ony 5 or 6 questions I would want redone. I only managed to scrape through by the skin of my teeth on that one.

No more written exams for me. I almost don't know what to do with myself. :-)

Steven.

Guest dilojem

Site link

hey Diana...any chance of getting a link to this site on yours :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Hi Ian

Finally... we are getting somewhere... and more to come of course... go to Recreational Pilots Academy Home page and click on the News/Notices tab.... on the right hand side you will see your link... just lovin' it!!!! There is much more revamping to go... but at least I have that page up and operational for the general public.

Cheers

Diana