Something to think about.... and do you do this?

Tomo

Yea Tomo.. the more i think about this problem the crankier i get.. This "instructor" should be doing his best to accomodate YOU the low time solo pilot. Giving patter over the top of radio calls is just one of the things all instructors have to get used to. You develop the ability to listen and talk at the same time, not listening for to much detail, just, does this call affect our flight.. And to question YOUR airmanship, well, frankly im astounded..What field do you operate from??

G'day Merv, It's Ok... I've gotten over it now, and now that I think of it, he could've just been having a bad day..!;)

I fly at Dalby.

Guest Cloudsuck

Tomo, tell him to pull his head in.... He sounds like a knob.

On the other hand, I was sitting at the clubhouse the other day, VHF going in the background, I was eating a pie and every time I went to take a bite, some bloody idiot would call turing base. In the end I just threw the pie in the bin. It just put me right off my pie. They should have been looking and waited till after my bite or commenced a go around. ;)

It just put me right off my pie.

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I'm with you CS, annoys the crap outta me, we don't have the luxury of pies at our place but I feel like throwing my coffee at people like that (plus I just know they do it deliberately to annoy me).

Serious note - all of us have been in the situation where someone else's call interrupts some pearl of wisdom (or even an urgent instruction like TOO SLOW!) from our instructor. But we deal with it, and I'd much prefer to hear from others to improve my SA. As others have pointed out we need to be able to learn to deal with distractions, even on late final.

geez..page two!! comments since my earlier post have brought memories of my flying training back at Archerfield before the contra circuits. We all flew around in the same circuit and then called base nominating one of the three parrallel runways available, then continued the approach waiting for clearance to land. This sometimes did not happen until just prior to touching down with the air traffic controller saying "alpa bravo charlie, no need to acknowledge clear touch and go 28 centre" I wonder what we would have done if our instructors were as timid with radio calls and clearances given then taking into consideration the dozen or so other aircraft flying around in the same circuit..and we thought that was normal then...Poor Tomo was flying his drifter around with only one other aircraft at the time...yep the gyro!!041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

Tomo, tell him to pull his head in.... He sounds like a knob.On the other hand, I was sitting at the clubhouse the other day, VHF going in the background, I was eating a pie and every time I went to take a bite, some bloody idiot would call turing base. In the end I just threw the pie in the bin. It just put me right off my pie. They should have been looking and waited till after my bite or commenced a go around. ;)

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif:laugh:CS I think you posted in the wrong place - rates as Laughter IS The Best Medicine joke of the week

Ray

On the other hand, I was sitting at the clubhouse the other day, VHF going in the background, I was eating a pie and every time I went to take a bite, some bloody idiot would call turing base. In the end I just threw the pie in the bin. It just put me right off my pie. They should have been looking and waited till after my bite or commenced a go around. ;)

Hehe...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif It is a pretty frivolous thing when you think about it ain't it?036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Maybe the Gyro was a bit jealous you were in the Drifter. Same view, but without all the shaking and vibration, and safer too !!.................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Yeah you'r probabily correct SEM. I'd probabily be silly enough to jump in the right gyro with the right pilot.............maybe.................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Must be an explanation

Hey Tomo ---Were you in an aircraft when you made the calls, or sitting in a chair at the side of the field with your handheld, just waiting for this fella to be two off the ground before................I mean, there must be a reason why this guy was so upset !

Jack. :rotary: :rotary:

Hey Tomo ---Were you in an aircraft when you made the calls, or sitting in a chair at the side of the field with your handheld, just waiting for this fella to be two off the ground before................I mean, there must be a reason why this guy was so upset !

G'day Jack...

I was in the aircraft, and with an instructor aswell! and I did make my rolling call on the runway I was using just as he was about to land (there's two cross strips, and he was well out of my way on the other one) I should have probably said "gyro visible" or something in my call (to ease his mind that he doesn't have to look out for me!), but he was well out of the way...

And then there was one or two times more I did it to him (going by what he said) when I was calling downwind! and he just so happened to be in this landing phase teaching a student... when I would call and interrupt him...!

Anyway, I just guess he was having a bad day, and had to tell someone his wo's, and me being a new and learning pilot, I take it all as learning...:thumb_up: Though it did confuse me a bit! But Recreationalflying came to the rescue...

Thanks to all, much appreciated:thumb_up:

I just found this on that ASRA site...

it just cancels out intercom use between you and student

If that's the case, It would be a bit of a drama! On our acft it doesn't cancel the intercom, any one else know about that one?