VNC Charts north of Brisbane

JG3

The following is an email I received that pretty much explains itself.

Please, everyone respond to support this valuable project.

Let's flood them with support to make it happen!

JohnG

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Subject: VNC Charts for areas North of Brisbane

To:

HI Fellow Aviators!

Follows is an email from a colleague here in Gladstone regarding VNC Charts, feel free to respond to him personally to your support to the argument for these charts.

If any of you feel it is a worthy case to support please don't hesitate to reply to the email address at the end of the following message. E Mail [email protected]

Regards

Hellen Ryan

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Maryborough Aero Club

PO Box 85

Maryborough QLD 4650

email: [email protected]

Subject: VNC Charts

Hi Gavin,

Follows a copy of E Mail I have sent to other aviators.

Please talk to as many other aviators and encourage them to E Mail me if they would like to support my endeavours.

I have been lobbying Airservices Australia for some considerable time for them to make available VNC charts for the coastal airspace north of Brisbane (Queensland is the only mainland state not to have VNC charts) .

I have as yet had no success as they claim that their market research has indicated to them that there is no demand for VNC charts in this area . I have contacted many pilots and aviation groups and have never found any person or group who has been approached for an opinion .

When I asked if they could give me the names of who was surveyed they claim that the privacy act prevents such disclosure.

As you may know we now have a new CEO of CASA John McCormick who took office on the 16th May and I contacted his office to seek his assistance to put pressure on Air Services to publish the required VNC charts as a safety issue.

His office directed me to talk to their Queensland officers who were very supportive and have arranged a meeting for me with John McCormick early July.

They believe that if I could demonstrate a level of support from Qld pilots and give to him at the meeting a list of names etc supportive of the request that would give him the ammunition to refute Airservices Australia's claims.

If you could assist in circulating this request to any persons or groups I would greatly appreciate your help.

Feel free to give my details to anyone who may wish to respond either as an organization or an individual .

I certainly don't mind giving John a handful of E Mails from fellow aviators .

Regards Rodney Spratt

Gladstone Qld

Ph 07 49723343 wk

Mob 0402858587

E Mail [email protected]

This post surprised me as I had posted the same email from Rod 2 days ago and it disappeared, so I posted it again yesterday. Maybe 2 posts will at least be seen dy someone.