First Navex! What a lot of Fun...!

Tomo

Well as the title implies, I did my first Nav exercise today and totally loved it...:thumb_up:

Mind you it was only about 130nm in a triangle, but a lot of fun all the same. Keeping a log of what's happening, radio stuff, flying around airspace, flying over mountains, and under cloud!

Our flight actually went all to the flight plan we made, and on time, and over the right place at the right time etc... great feeling, Thanks to the wind, it stayed nice and calm for me, so I could get the handle on things for the first time!

And just to top it off, I came in and did a beaut landing...:thumb_up: (well I thought so anyway!)

Can't wait for the next one, which will be in a fortnights time unfortunately:crying: Jolly TAFE!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Thanks,

typing.gif.6480b8333d5a827991c46cf7c4016332.gif

Ps. Just incase some of you don't know what a Jab looks like.... I've put some pic's up for you to Drooooooolll over!025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

23062009(001).jpg.9048a37cf07f430c027a39623ec5f3a9.jpg

2099168831_MeandtheJab.jpg.35a9df8aba5a909825173cb460be58d8.jpg

23062009(004).jpg.5263aab89cadfcfe22de9f867396a94b.jpg

Good one mate.. Its great to get away isn't it.. People often forget why they started training in the first place, its to learn to fly places... aeroplanes are made to go places... How are you finding the Jab ?? Its nice to be "inside" isn't it...

cheers mate:thumb_up:

How are you finding the Jab ?? Its nice to be "inside" isn't it...

Thanks Merv... Yeah I love it, Although you can't beat the Drifter for view and just good o'l plan fun...! Much nicer to fly inside on cold day's that's for sure, and the speed is great for going places...!:thumb_up:

Well Done

It's great isn't it?

I just have my solo nav and err exam to do :(

But off to uni for the next three days DAMN IT....

I love the little Jab .. Just wish it had a cabin heater.

Fly safe

Bec

Thanks guys,

Yes Gomer, I was standing there and thought it might make a good pic, so pulled out the phone and took it! Turned out not to bad really...

Bec, Your flying through your bits! 3days of UNI! I've got a fortnight before I can do it again... grrrrr!!

Relfy, my little triangle consisted of ~ Dalby, Jand Nx, Cooyer, Dalby ~ He picked Jandowe north junction because you got to fly accurately to find it, because it's just a fork in the road!

Slarti, Yeah, Dalby has a pretty good set up there, although if you land on 04,22 you feel like you've landed on a large piece of corrugated ion:confused: It's on the edge of town, which is good... although that doesn't bother me, because I still got to drive to Dalby first from Cecil City!

:thumb_up:

Guest Qwerty

Congrats on your first nav Ex Tomo.

Just out of pure philisophical interest the quote in your signature block is perfectly reasonable.

"If you believe the information content in living systems to be the result of chance, then you believe that a tornado can go through a junk yard and assemble a Jumbo Jet!" Professor Sir Fred Hoyle

It is perfectly reasonable to believe in both scenarios described by Fred. The problem in coming to terms with these statements is that the poor human brain has difficulty in comprehending and understanding very low probabilities.

Cheers.

Good on you Tomo.

Photos are great.

I cannot wait untill I can fly outside our training area.

Just got to complete training area solo time, certificate flight test and nav training.

Regards

John:wave:

Congrats on your first nav Ex Tomo.Just out of pure philisophical interest the quote in your signature block is perfectly reasonable.

"If you believe the information content in living systems to be the result of chance, then you believe that a tornado can go through a junk yard and assemble a Jumbo Jet!" Professor Sir Fred Hoyle

It is perfectly reasonable to believe in both scenarios described by Fred. The problem in coming to terms with these statements is that the poor human brain has difficulty in comprehending and understanding very low probabilities.

Cheers.

Have you done the E=MC2 and definition of Matter yet Tomo.

I just can't grasp that we are made up of particles travelling at speed.