Spacewalker Radial prototype flys

Guest spacewalker

Guest spacewalker

The first Spacewalker 2 - RR with the 150 hp Australain-made Rotec radial engine has now flown. Performance with all 9 cylinders purring is impressive, and certainly completes the 1930's open cockpit retro look.

I hope to add some video clips to this site, but in the meantime you can see it on You Tube :

Martin

2016427637_P1000809(Large).jpg.7937a78ad55753a5a1ed9b6f3a523da9.jpg

2087028862_P1030137(Medium).JPG.33d5e2c063f6649bd32bcda623df020b.JPG

Guest spacewalker

Hi Ian,

Yes, the RR will be offered as a conversion kit to the existing Spacewalker kit. Basicly plans on how to make the simple conversion, with a parts list using readily available materials. Serenity Aviation is the kit supplier.

Didn't Rotec have a Spacewalker at Wagga about 3 years ago as a demo. It sounded perfect when they started it up specially for me. Maybe it was not the RR version.

Guest spacewalker
Didn't Rotec have a Spacewalker at Wagga about 3 years ago as a demo. It sounded perfect when they started it up specially for me. Maybe it was not the RR version.

Hi Yenn,

You are thinking of the 2-seat Fly Baby with a 7-cylinder Rotec. The Spacewalker is similar, but has a cantilever wing instead of stut bracing, and suspension on the u/c rather than solid gear. The 2-seat Flybaby is a rarity even in the USA

Guest Escadrille

Martin,

Heartiest Congratulations on the compltion of the Space walker!

Might see you at Ray's Field sometime soon,

Cheers,

Andy